Senior Manager, Software Engineering (L5) - Segment Storage United States
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Senior Manager, Software Engineering (L5) - Storage
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
The Segment Storage organization is looking for engineering managers who are passionate about creating high quality, modern solutions to delivering complex engineering efforts and joining our focus to define the future of Customer Data Platforms. In this role, you will be responsible for managing and growing a team of talented engineers and collaborating with Product Managers to ship products that form the foundation of a strong Customer Data Platform.
In this role, you’ll:
- You establish credibility through the quality of your team's technical execution and ownership.
- You lead by example and care for your teams.
- You mentor and develop each employee to reach their full potential.
- You know how to source, recruit, hire and retain talented engineers.
- You have a rare ability to collaborate with and influence diverse engineering teams to improve the reliability, scalability and durability of their services.
- You give engineers the tools, confidence, and motivation to make decisions independently that lead to their personal and professional success.
- You know how to manage multiple projects and balance support & development for your teams.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 3+ years of experience as Technical Lead or Manager of a healthy and high-performing engineering team.
- Experience managing an engineering team(s) on large-scale projects with technical deep-dives into code, networking, operating systems and/or storage.
- Previous operational responsibility for business critical production systems, in a collaborative environment.
- Strong sense of urgency and ownership over critical problem areas.
- CS, EE or CE degree and/or a demonstrable, solid understanding of CS fundamentals
- Demonstrably effective communicator — in spoken and written forms.
- Experience operating large-scale, distributed systems on top of cloud infrastructure.
- Expertise in problem solving and analyzing distributed systems at global scale.
This role will be remote and based in the United States or Canada.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well. The information below is provided for those hired in Colorado only.
*If you are a Colorado applicant:
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $176,080 - 220,100
- Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/4187125