Senior Manager, Risk and Compliance United States
Location: Remote- US
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
As Twilio experiences rapid growth, we are seeking a Senior Manager, Risk and Compliance who will be a key member of the team responsible for building and expanding the global ethics, compliance and risk management program. Reporting directly to the Vice President of Ethics, Corporate Compliance and Risk Management, this newly created role will be responsible for oversight and monitoring of enterprise risks, ensuring that a dynamic assessment process is in place, and that appropriate controls are maintained and documented. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, resourceful, and motivated to take the enterprise risk management program to the next level in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Twilio is looking for a highly motivated risk professional who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of building and administering risk management programs. This individual should also have:
- 8+ years experience in risk management, regulatory compliance or internal audit with deep knowledge of risk frameworks, risk management platforms and relevant products and services.
- History of driving second line of defense activities by partnering with Internal Audit, Trust and Security, and other departments to gain an understanding of risk and compliance frameworks and standards, building collaborative relationships across functions that play key roles in the risk reporting process and development of supporting systems, and driving for alignment of governance, risk and compliance activities between departments and teams
- Demonstrated ability to work to resolve control gaps, develop and track remediation plans, and work collaboratively to identify, evaluate and implement process improvement opportunities
- Skills in creating strong program documentation, briefs on new and emerging risks, detailed risk assessments, risk reports, audit and monitoring reports, heat maps. and management dashboards to show remediation progress and activity
- Proven ability to communicate effectively through live presentations, risk interviews, workshops, calibration sessions and updates to stakeholders on relevant risk trends and outcomes
- Bonus points for experience working with product or technical teams to operationalize risk mitigation and elimination measures
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required, advanced degree preferred.
As a Senior Manager, Risk and Compliance, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Document and maintain enterprise risk assessments and all supporting materials and create repeatable and sustainable policies, controls and processes
- DRAW THE OWL: Identify and implement best practices to improve existing risk assessment program, including adoption of new technologies and platforms
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: As the subject matter expert for enterprise risk management, lead in all aspects of the program, including design, implementation and reporting trends and outcomes to senior leadership and other stakeholders
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Guide, assist and educate business leaders and risk and control owners through risk interviews, workshops and calibration sessions to drive a more risk-aware culture
- NO SHENANIGANS: Ensure that controls, mitigation steps and owners are identified accurately, updated regularly, and well documented in an effort to protect the company from enterprise risks and the associated impact
The newly created Ethics, Corporate Compliance and Risk Management team will play a central role in supporting Twilio's continued success. We work closely with senior leadership and cross-functional teams to protect the company from legal, financial and reputational damage. We lead the process of identifying, evaluating, and addressing enterprise risks and developing and documenting appropriate mitigation steps.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Salary Range: 120,832- 166,144
Rest of Colorado:
Salary Range: 105,728- 145,376
Sales Commission: Additionally, this role is eligible to earn commissions and eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
Non Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/2984477