Senior Manager, Product Operations Engineering United States
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is seeking a Sr. Manager, Product Operations to oversee our Product Operations team for our Phone Numbers product. This role will lead the operations team whose primary responsibilities include helping our customers onboard phone numbers to Twilio's platform, porting phone numbers from other carriers to Twilio’s network, and working closely with Twilio’s sales team and our customers to sell and provision short codes and pre-register alphanumeric Sender IDs efficiently and effectively. This role will partner with other operations, product and engineering teams, as well as sales and support to ensure our customers are successful and our operations are efficient. The Product Operations team is a key part of Twilio’s Super Network, whose mission is to provide the infrastructure that catalogs, orchestrates, and delivers the world's connectivity.
Twilio is seeking a Sr. Manager, Product Operations to lead the team that runs Twilio’s phone number operations.
- You have a proven experience leading an operations team as a manager. You’ve led large, customer-facing teams and/or teams who are focused on solving in-depth technical problems in the past. You have experience managing people managers in addition to individual contributors.
- You are a professional of operations, and are able to build scaled processes for defining and executing operational metrics and process improvements for large organizations. You’re comfortable reporting these metrics out to executive leadership.
- You are calm under pressure as you respond to customer blocking issues and work with your team to quickly troubleshoot incidents. You’re empathetic and customer centric to the core, and you’re comfortable leading conversations with VP- and/or Executive-level partners for Twilio customers.
- You’re comfortable creating objectives for your organization. You have expertise in planning a department’s workload to support business priorities and deliver customer satisfaction.
- You have advanced knowledge and ability with business intelligence tools, and you have demonstrated the ability to make quick decisions with limited data. You can communicate at an expert level to senior members of the organization with data, graphs, and visuals.
- You have outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- You have expert-level expertise with respect to relevant technology and the telecom industry.
- You’re a strategic problem solver who can plan and execute on a year+ time horizon.
- You have experience managing managers.
As a Sr. Manager, Product Operations, you will
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Manage a team full of tech- and process-savvy individual contributors and managers who love to build seamless operations that benefit our customers. You’ll provide specific, timely feedback to your team of operations specialists.
- DON’T SETTLE: Drive process efficiencies to reduce the amount of requests per operations dollar while meeting customer satisfaction targets. You’ll design operational dashboards to determine the health of our operations; report out on these dashboards to internal partners.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Report out on the health of your team’s operations weekly and lead discussions around quarterly business reviews for Twilio’s Executive Team. Additionally, you’ll lead post-mortem processes and deliver customer-facing RFOs.
- BE AN OWNER: Make impactful business decisions that take into account Twilio’s customer needs and our need to run an efficient business. Partner with Customer Success, Sales, Engineering and Product teams to resolve complex problems for customers. You’ll also lead operational meetings with your counterparts at our carrier partners to resolve ongoing issues and to proactively prevent future issues.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Manage highly complex and impactful projects, including estimation, prioritization, sequencing, team management, and delivery. Set priorities and objectives for your business unit and manage your teams toward executing on priorities set for your department on time and within budget.
On the Product Operations team, our primary goal is operating efficiently to ensure our customers have access to purchase and port phone numbers around the globe. We are focused on operational efficiency to deliver an excellent customer experience. We are a key part of Twilio’s Super Network, whose mission is to provide the infrastructure that catalogs, orchestrates, and delivers the world's connectivity.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/2790093