Senior Manager of Growth Philadelphia, PA
We are a diverse team from around the world on a mission to raise the standard of trust online.
Join us as a Senior Manager of Growth and help DuckDuckGo grow faster by optimizing user adoption flows across our entire portfolio of products and landing pages.
You'll work on problems such as increasing conversion rates, promoting our mobile experience to desktop users, customizing the new user experience, converting part-time users to full-time, and much more. This work will be deeply collaborative, and you'll work closely with colleagues from design, engineering, mobile, user acquisition and business development.
This is an exciting opportunity to have a meaningful impact on DuckDuckGo's growth curve (http://duckduckgo.com/traffic.html) and work on the important mission of helping people take their privacy back online.
What you will do:
- Define the strategy of our optimization work, including setting goals, drafting roadmaps, and driving the actual implementation of experiments in a very hands-on fashion.
- Communicate the strategy and progress updates weekly to key stakeholders in the company, your team members and company-wide at our all-hands.
- Deeply understand our most important product flows, marrying anonymous data with intuition to identify and prioritize the most impactful experiments that can improve adoption and/or conversion.
- Methodically execute experiments, alongside cross-functional resources from design, front-end, back-end, mobile and more.
What we are looking for:
The ideal candidate will be eager to make an impact, but also have deep experience optimizing product flows and well-developed intuition on how to move the needle.
Specifically, we are looking for someone who has:
- At least 5 years of proven experience determining and executing on strategies to optimize product adoption flows.
- Deep understanding on the subtleties of adoption funnels - including knowledge on conversion rates and setting KPIs
- Experience designing creative experiments that are user friendly and high-impact.
- Advanced modeling skills and understanding of statistics
- Experience with roadmapping and resource allocation - including identifying the type of functional support needed to ship impactful experiments quickly and efficiently.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Other things to know:
- We are a remote company, meaning our employees can work wherever they want around the world. We empower our team to be self-directed and self-motivated in their projects. If that seems awesome and you like the idea of our core values -- Build Trust, Question Assumptions, and Validate Direction -- you'll fit right in.
- A successful candidate will be transitioned into the role after an internal contract and an onboarding period.
- We are a small, remote team in different time zones and communicate with a variety of tools throughout the day. You should feel comfortable with the intricacies of this type of work situation.
- Sometimes we meet up! You can expect to travel at least 2x a year: once for our all-hands meetup and another for a team retreat which you will have a key role in leading (each ~4-5 days)
- Our work philosophy is built upon empowered project management. All team members have opportunities to lead projects, including you.
- All projects are run transparently, and we encourage everyone to participate in areas of interest throughout the company. Anyone and everyone can (and should) ask questions and offer feedback around the product and internal projects.
DuckDuckGo does not work with any recruiting agencies or services. A big part of our culture is to work with each candidate on a one-to-one basis throughout our unique hiring process.
DuckDuckGo provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment, and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
If you think you might thrive in this environment, we would love to hear from you using the application below.