Senior Manager, Mid-Market Sales United States
GitHub helps companies and organizations succeed by allowing them to build better software together. GitHub is seeking a Senior Manager to lead a Mid-Market Sales team focused on driving new, upsell and cross-sell revenue. The ideal candidate will be passionate about hiring, onboarding and coaching a strong Sales team towards delivering the best experience to our customers and driving end to end adoption of the GitHub platform.
- Lead, Develop, and Coach a team of Mid-Market Sellers
- Hire, onboard, and promote amazing talent
- Drive accurate forecasting and pipeline management
- Drive new, upsell and cross sell revenue growth of GitHub Enterprise Products and services in existing accounts and manage account renewals
- Shape, iterate, and scale our sales strategy, taking initiative to improve the team's practices, tools, and content.
- Develop and Manage territories, negotiate annual and multi-year contracts, work with Mid-Market Sales Reps on complex deal strategy.
- Build relationships and provide value and attention to customers
- Advocate for training and services, where needed, for customer success
- Work collaboratively across sales, engineering, marketing, channel, product and customer success.
- 5-7 years of sales experience
- 1-2 years of direct sales management experience
- Strong customer orientation, dedication, and passion for delivering a great customer experience
- Ability to assess and promote team needs
- Collaborative and team oriented
- Consistent track-record of leading a team of top performance and exceeding quota.
- Experience selling into Engineering and IT preferred
- Resourceful, driven, results-oriented
- Direct Enterprise Selling Experience as an IC in a high growth Sales organization
- Previous experience and training in Force Management
- Knowledge of Git and GitHub workflows
- High energy and positive attitude
- Ability to take initiative
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Flexible (ability to work across different time zones) and able to think quickly
- Willing to go the extra mile with a strong work ethic; self-directed and resourceful
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/github/jobs/3758155