Senior Manager, Crisis Management San Francisco, CA (HQ)
GitHub is looking for an experienced Senior Manager of Crisis Management to play a key role within the Global Workplace Security team. You will be responsible for providing global Crisis and Continuity Management expertise to support GitHub’s ability to effectively withstand and respond to the impacts caused by any major operational disruption. This is a newly created role and we are looking for someone who can build a crisis management and continuity function that will scale with GitHub, while delivering world-class client experiences and meeting business objectives. This role will report to the Director, Global Physical Security.
If you have a demonstrated record in crisis management and business continuity, enjoy the challenges of building operations from scratch, and want to grow with a department tasked with solving complex security problems for the world's largest software development platform, we want to hear from you!
About the Role:
This role will establish strategy, policies, and protocols to protect and physically secure all GitHub employees, assets and operations. This role requires the experience necessary to build a best in class program, and an ability to leverage technology and systems to proactively mitigate potential threats and risks to a rapidly scaling company that has valuable core technology and real world physical operations.
The ideal candidate will have a successful track record of managing and implementing global programs, training and developing teams in large enterprises, and measuring the effectiveness of programs through exercises and managing real crisis events. You should have experience setting big-picture strategy and successfully executing governance in a federated model.
- Be a leader within the larger Workplace Experience team, who is proficient and highly experienced in all elements of Crisis and Continuity Management (C&CM)
- Provide technical C&CM expertise to support the business’ ability to effectively withstand and respond to the impacts caused by any major operational disruption
- Lead annual Business Continuity assessments and liaise with leadership to ensure potential C&CM risks have been identified, assessed, prioritised and appropriate mitigation strategies developed
- Create and assure response plans, by conducting an annual review for necessary changes (e.g., new risks, personnel changes, contact information)
- Create and deliver C&CM training and exercise programs in order to maintain a high degree of C&CM capability to respond effectively to major incidents
- Ensure appropriate involvement of impacted groups in C&CM activities; ensure all groups understand and agree to their commitments.
- Validate CCM/Emergency Response plans through exercise at defined intervals
- Lead the sourcing of material, equipment, personnel and supplies necessary to implement crisis management plans, facilitating standardization and continuous improvement of processes, while sharing best practices to achieve consistency across regions
- Coordinate the provision and documentation of training and exercises to maintain capability of response personnel and coordinate the team's support during emergency responses
- Develop a solid understanding of GitHub’s culture and business to ensure C&CM processes and technology are aligned with GitHub’s organizational needs.
- Driving consistency in After Action Reports and ensuring follow up of all action items
- Define metrics and reporting to measure overall performance
- Effectively and regularly communicate and train employees, response teams and the security workforce on emergency plans.
- Knowledge of VSOC requirements and operations
- Provide direction and support necessary to acquire the highest quality security talent with vendors, including office guards, private security providers and other security personnel
- Develop an appropriate change management and communication plan as part of the implementation of any BCM process and/or technology improvements.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of formal BCM presentations, trainings, and other materials.
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- BA/BS or equivalent experience
- Experience managing companies and senior leaders through crisis/incident events
- A minimum of 5+ years of experience in a C&CM role; or Operational role with substantial risk management accountability
- A minimum of 5+ years of experience working on large, complex programs with a proven track record of delivering results on time, to budget and managing and developing people.
- A seasoned practitioner with emergency response experience
- Proven experience in the design, delivery and implementation of Crisis, Continuity and Emergency Response Planning
- Detailed understanding of industry recognized Business Continuity and Crisis Management standards/guidance
- Proven ability to think and act both operationally and strategically
- Ability and track record of engaging at all levels of the organization and effectively building trust, support and commitment
- Ability to listen carefully and consider diverse perspectives
- Self-starter who is able to work with minimal supervision - strong delivery focus and edge
- Strong strategic planning skills; Ability to prioritize work and resource deployment
- Strong knowledge of risk assessment methodologies
- Executive presence with exceptional communication and relationship-building skills
- Professional Certification (i.e., Disaster Recovery Institute - DRI, Emergency Management Institute - EMI) preferred
- ICS Levels 100 - 400 preferred
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. Over 40 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 100 million repositories. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
- Customer Obsessed
- Trust by Default
- Ship to Learn
- Own the Outcome
- Growth Mindset
- Global Product, Global Team
- Anything is Possible
- Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe.
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/github/jobs/2040740