Senior Manager, Business Development Remote US
Location Details: Mozilla’s US office locations include San Francisco, CA, and Portland, OR. We are also open to you working from your home office anywhere in the US for this position.
Every day, hundreds of millions of people rely on Mozilla and our flagship browser, Firefox, to explore and develop for the Internet. Mozilla helps people to safely discover the world online as well as create new experiences on desktops, smartphones, tablets, in-home devices and even in virtual and augmented reality, all while respecting their privacy and agency. This is a time of opportunity and growth at Mozilla that is coinciding with a telling and critical inflection point for the market in general. Are you excited to take on big challenges to make the user experience of the Internet meaningfully better? Are you comfortable challenging assumptions and the status quo to advocate for better products and services?
Mozilla is looking for an outstanding Senior Manager of Business Development to join our team. The successful candidate will grow demand for our popular products and services as well as help introduce new ones that we have in the works. You are able to draft mock-ups of what "could be" as easily as prepare market analysis of "what is." You are an optimist and a pragmatist who will partner internally and externally to vet product partnership opportunities and help turn them into offerings that are loved by a global audience. You are analytical, highly curious, collaborative, and creative and a proven builder of partners, channels and closer of significant, impactful agreements. You know how to generate and grow revenue, and you operate with a sense of urgency. Above all else, you respect and seek to understand how real people interact with products that deliver tangible value.
What You'll Do:
- Be a thought partner in determining what Mozilla builds and with whom.
- Qualify, structure, negotiate and execute product, technology, content, and distribution partnerships
- Grow significant share of Firefox (desktop and mobile) through distribution and product differentiation, in close collaboration with our product, engineering and marketing teams
- Collaborate with our colleagues to find opportunities for next-generation products and technologies and new adjacencies for existing ones
- Bring your Business Development acumen and experience into our product development organizations and workflows
- Drive revenue and projects from conceptualization, business case, validation and feasibility testing to commercial launch
- Apply detailed and consistent frameworks to evaluate the economic and strategic costs and benefits of new business and partnership opportunities
- Identify and track core metrics of success
- Conduct market scans and report on emerging trends, new business models and investment opportunities
Your Professional Profile:
- Extensive deal experience in product and platform partnerships. You have closely collaborated with internal and external product teams to lend insights into new product development
- A strong technical background in the web/mobile space and ability to communicate effectively with engineers, product managers and designers (e.g., you’ve worked with developer APIs to create new offerings)
- Multiple years working in consumer or enterprise software, bringing products/services to market. Product introductions that included 3rd party partner offerings a plus.
- Creative problem solver, able to get around obstacles with finesse
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking and prioritization skills
- Deep understanding of the mobile and Internet ecosystems
- Early adopter of emerging consumer technologies
- Self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Track record of originating and commercializing new concept/business models
- Online monetization experience
- Passion for Mozilla and its mission/values
- 7-10 years of business development experience in consumer Internet, mobile and/or emerging technology companies
- Consistently meets and exceeds quantified goals
- Experience with modeling and data analysis
- Experience in a product marketing or product management role a plus, but not required
- Previous experience in sales with quota-carrying responsibility a plus, but not required
- BA/BS degree, MBA is preferred
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/mozilla/jobs/2318446