Senior Learning & Development Specialist United States
The Learning & Development team at GitHub exists to partner with Hubbers to identify and design the right learning solutions to help them do the best work of their lives from their first day at GitHub and beyond. We believe that building a learning culture is a competitive advantage in today’s workplace. Employees want to learn every day. They also want to share what they know. At GitHub, growing our Hubbers means growing our business.
Specifically, as the Senior Learning & Development Specialist, you will be responsible for designing and facilitating high impact learning experiences for people-leaders and intact teams, consulting with internal partners on learning approaches and bespoke content, and measuring the success of all our offerings.
You have a growth mindset, an appetite for experimentation and iteration, are comfortable working asynchronously, and can balance strategic ‘big picture’ thinking with ‘roll up your sleeves’ execution.
- Review and continually iterate existing development programs that scale with GitHub’s growing business
- Research, develop and facilitate exciting and impactful synchronous, virtual and experiential learning offerings. Deliverables include course and supplemental resource design, communication and coordination, delivery and evaluation.
- Design thoughtful self-directed learning resource pathways
- Collect input from a globally diverse employee base on training needs
- Consult and partner with leaders and Hubbers to support bespoke learning needs for org specific initiatives and team mini-summits
- Remote and virtual friendly instructional design and facilitation experience including using current systems like Zoom to design relevant learning materials
- Strong facilitation skills to draw out multiple learning profiles including technical audiences and ability to facilitate group coaching
- Strong cross-functional collaboration and consulting skills that drive progress and deliver on expectations
- Familiarity with manager development topics and a portfolio of examples
- Strong written and oral communication skills including the ability to tailor communications to different audiences
- Proven capability as a project manager, delivering on learning and development programs required to support the needs of the business; ability to work under tight deadlines and plan, organize and carry out multiple, detailed tasks
- Strong problem-solving, planning, organization, and prioritization skills
- Demonstrates a positive, proactive and self-driven approach
- Stays current on leading edge learning, knowledge management, and professional development trends
- Passion for people development
- Skilled at utilizing metrics and data driven approaches to assess current and future learning needs at all levels
Who We Are:
GitHub is the best place to share code with friends, co-workers, classmates, and complete strangers. Over 27 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 79 million repositories. With the collaborative features of GitHub.com and GitHub Business, it has never been easier for individuals and teams to write faster, better code.
What We Value:
Collaboration: We believe the best work is done together.
Empathy: We believe in putting people first.
Quality: We believe in setting the standard for excellence.
Positive Impact: We believe in making the world a better place through our work.
Shipping: We believe in creating things for the people using them.
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe. Here is a complete list of where we can hire!
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/github/jobs/1279078