- Collaborating with the larger team to develop features, enhancements, and bug fixes for the Site Kit plugin.
- Converting acceptance criteria for tasks into written proposals for implementation.
- Addressing code review feedback and defending/explaining technical decisions made in code changes.
- Proactively opening new issues on GitHub as needed.
- Supporting QA for tasks of a primarily technical nature.
- Supporting testing of releases.
- Experience developing web-based applications using ES6/ES2015+ and React.
- Experience writing automated tests.
- Understanding of the core architectural concepts behind modern React, such as: state and data management, JSX, functional components, and hooks.
- Being collaborative, self-motivated, and an “always-learning” person, with a passion to create great web experiences.
- Experience using git and GitHub.
- Comfortable writing and speaking English.
Nice to have
- Experience in product development (particularly distributed software)
- Experience with Redux or similar state management libraries.Bonus points for experience with @wordpress/data
- Experience with Jest and React Testing Library.
- Experience with Storybook.
- Experience with Material design.
- Experience developing WordPress plugins or themes. Bonus points for experience creating custom Gutenberg blocks.
- Experience in the understanding of HTML and CSS including cross-browser compatibility, performance and WCAG accessibility compliance.
- Experience working remotely.
- Experience with agile methodologies and concepts.
- Experience working in the context of an open source project.
- Code-based portfolio (bonus points for open source repositories). Link us to your GitHub profile, upload a .zip, or both.