Senior Java Full-Stack Engineer- Colombia / Remote Colombia /
We are 400+ employees from a diverse group of backgrounds that hail from more than 50 countries and speak 15 languages. But, we all share one thing in common: we’re passionate about accelerating software innovation. Our vision is to put Nexus products at the center of every open-source decision modern engineering organizations make.
We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in the Fulton, MD, Tyson's Corner VA, London UK, and Sydney AUS, we’re very distributed and remote first (and always have been). We use several communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team meetups. We also have an annual company meetup to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year.
Learn more at www.sonatype.com.
We are looking for team members that want to help us change the way the world innovates through software. The Sonatype team has already done this through its contributions to the Maven build system, the Nexus Repository Manager, and most recently with the Nexus Lifecycle product suite – truly changing the way the world builds and delivers software across thousands of organizations and millions of developers.
That was just the beginning. We need your help so that we can do it again. If you are interested in delivering value across nearly every decision made in the world of software development to help companies build better and safer software faster, to transform innovation through software, read on.
Thousands of organizations and millions of developers use our software. If you have a passion to improve how the world develops software, Sonatype is the right place for you.
Required Experience & Skills
- Strong software engineering foundation and experience.
- Strong development experience within the Java / Maven ecosystem
- Strong knowledge of git-based source control systems
- Strong knowledge and experience of Docker, Kubernetes, Helm and other container-related technologies
- Knowledge and experience with CI/CD, including automated testing of all application layers, integration testing, and mock testing
- Experience in an Agile development environment, using Scrum and/or Kanban
- Effective communicator and collaborator; a great team player.
- Have a strong bias for making things happen.
- Experience working in a remote environment leveraging remote communication and collaboration tools (e.g. HipChat, Slack, video conferencing, wikis, Github, etc).
Desired Experience & Skills
- Knowledge or experience in several programming languages and ecosystems, for example (Groovy, Maven, Ruby, Python, PyPI, js, npm, .NET, NuGet, etc). Need not have experience with all of the languages listed.
- Knowledge and experience developing applications deployed in cloud services such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud
- Experienced and knowledgeable regarding API design best practices
- Knowledge and experience with automation of infrastructure provisioning and deployment (Terraform, CloudFormation, etc.) and OpenShift
- Knowledge and experience with relational and nonrelational databases.
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to be part of an incredible, high-growth company, working on a team of experienced colleagues
- Competitive salary package
- Medical/Dental/Vision benefits
- Flexible work schedules that ensure time for you to be you
- 2019 Best Places to Work Washington Post and Washingtonian
- 2019 Wealthfront Top Career Launch Company
- EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2019
- Fast Company Top 50 Companies for Innovators
- Glassdoor ranking of 4.8
- Come see why we've won all of these awards
At Sonatype we value diversity and inclusivity. We offer perks such as parental leave, diversity and inclusion working groups, and flexible working practices to allow our employees to show up as their whole selves. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
At Sonatype, we value diversity and inclusivity. We offer perks such as parental leave, diversity, and inclusion working groups, and flexible working practices to allow our employees to show up as their whole selves. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.