Senior IT Systems Engineer Worldwide
Company: Wikimedia Foundation
Senior IT Systems Engineer
Wikimedia Foundation is seeking an experienced IT Systems Engineer to own solutions development, implementation, maintenance, and day to day operations surrounding our IDP systems and their integrations. This role will be heavily involved in both software and user lifecycle management, developing, and enhancing our standards and operations in those areas. You will be responsible for planning, assessing and operationalizing the technical process improvements of key workflows related to our IDP system as well as assisting our technical leads with our ERP systems. Our ideal candidate will be excited to play an integral role during the Foundation’s most rapid growth period transforming our business tools. This role will be a member of the Information Technology Services Team within the Finance and Administration Department.
You are responsible for:
- Leading efforts in planning, engineering, implementing, and enhancing business functions such as onboarding/offboarding
- Managing and enhancing the integrations between our IDP and ERP systems
- Being the subject matter expert on user directories, account lifecycle, authentication services and surrounding architecture
- Understanding intended long-term organizational goals and identifying effective strategies/approaches that will scale as the technological infrastructure becomes more complex and new tools are introduced
- Performing user lifecycle management, automation, and application provisioning as required
- Assist with mentoring and providing technical guidance to more junior staff members in IT.
- Collaborating with security team to coordinate and operationalize IT Security policies
- Working closely with our team to optimize our internal tools and updated operational processes by design, maintain and optimize the scripts and workflows for automating identity operations
- Working with stakeholders to integrate our SSO with department existing applications, while minimizing the impact on workflows
- Developing and maintain technical documentation, SOPs and analytics for critical workflows and systems
- Providing Tier 3 technical assistance to Wikimedia Foundation staff globally
- Supporting Windows, Ubuntu Linux, and macOS operating systems
Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years of experience experience with identity management, IDAAS, provisioning, user lifecycle operations, and integrations
- Experience with the management, integration and automation of the following tools and technologies: Okta, GSuite, JAMF, LDAP, Oomnitza, Zendesk, SSO, DaaS, SaaS
- Experience with a hybrid & international environment that is growing in size undergoing rapid growth, evolving our current infrastructure.
- Creating control features to ensure systems effectively meet the organization’s quality standards
- Comfortable presenting projects communicating technical concepts clearly and effectively both written and orally to major stakeholders & Leadership with varying levels of technical understanding
- Experience with languages to enable automation (e.g., Python, APIs)
- Ability to perform and improve support workflows from beginning to end, ensuring proper report out is adhered to with a bias towards designing systems automation.
- Experience with vendor management and contract services
- Experience with Linux server administration and troubleshooting
Additionally, we’d love it if you have
- Interest in mentorship and employee development with potential People-Management aspirations
- Familiarity with directory architecting standards and adopting security best practices (ITIL, COBIT, etc.)
- Familiarity with contributing to IT Governance and IT Operational Policies
- Awareness of sustainability practices
- Understanding and experience with the needs of a global distributed workforce
About the Wikimedia Foundation
The Wikimedia Foundation is the nonprofit organization that operates Wikipedia and the other Wikimedia free knowledge projects. Our vision is a world in which every single human can freely share in the sum of all knowledge. We believe that everyone has the potential to contribute something to our shared knowledge, and that everyone should be able to access that knowledge freely. We host Wikipedia and the Wikimedia projects, build software experiences for reading, contributing, and sharing Wikimedia content, support the volunteer communities and partners who make Wikimedia possible, and advocate for policies that enable Wikimedia and free knowledge to thrive.
The Wikimedia Foundation is a charitable, not-for-profit organization that relies on donations. We receive donations from millions of individuals around the world, with an average donation of about $15. We also receive donations through institutional grants and gifts. The Wikimedia Foundation is a United States 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization with offices in San Francisco, California, USA.
As an equal opportunity employer, the Wikimedia Foundation values having a diverse workforce and continuously strives to maintain an inclusive and equitable workplace. We encourage people with a diverse range of backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate against any person based upon their race, traits historically associated with race, religion, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy or related medical conditions, parental status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristics.
If you are a qualified applicant requiring assistance or an accommodation to complete any step of the application process due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com or +1 (415) 839-6885.
U.S. Benefits & Perks*
- Health Care Benefits Covered at 100%: We cover 100% of premiums for medical, dental and vision plans for all full time employees and eligible dependents
- Wellness Reimbursement Program: Up to 1,800.00 USD per year for reimbursement for staff wellness expenses, such as gym fees, educational expenses, and more
- Technology and Equipment Stipend: In addition to receiving a brand new laptop, monitor, & docking station, all new hires receive 600.00 USD stipend to set up their space for working virtually
- Professional Development Program: Up to 750.00 USD reimbursement per year to encourage continuous learning through attending conferences, courses, workshops and the purchase of educational materials
- 401(k) Retirement Plan: Employer match of up to 4% of employee contributions dollar for dollar with no vesting period
- Paid Time Off: Generous paid time off policy of over 45 days, which includes: vacation days, at least one observed holiday a month, sick leave, and volunteer days
- Flexible Schedules: Options available to balance your personal and remote-work life
- Silent Fridays: No scheduled meetings so you can get caught up at the end of each week
- New Parent Leave: Fully paid new parent leave for seven weeks plus an additional five weeks for pregnancy, and flexible options as you embark on your return to work
- Fertility and Adoption Reimbursement Plan: Reimburses staff up to 5,000.00 USD in expenses per year, with a lifetime maximum of 10,000.00 USD
- Assistance for those unexpected life events: Long and short term disability, life insurance, and an employee assistance program
- Pre-tax Savings Plans: Generously funded health savings accounts (HSAs), pre-tax contribution options for health care, child care & elder care, public transportation and parking expenses
*Please note that for remote roles located outside of the U.S., we defer to our PEO (Professional Employee Organization) to ensure alignment with local labor laws.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/wikimedia/jobs/4109605