Senior iOS Software Engineer (Pocket) United States
We’re looking for a passionate and skilled iOS engineer to own and bring to life key aspects of our iOS app.
At Pocket we love what we do, but more importantly we are building something that millions of people love, too. Pocket has become essential to how people discover and consume content worthy of their time and attention on any device and on their own time.
If you are passionate about using technology to improve people's lives, we believe Pocket has challenges that will excite you. We're a small team that has the resources of a large company (Pocket was acquired by Mozilla in 2017) and that means lots of opportunity to build, learn and grow in a variety of areas, collaborate closely with fellow team members from many different disciplines, and to own things from start to finish that have tremendous impact on large numbers of people.
Our team has built an iOS app that has been recognized time and again as a leader on the platform. Our users agree: Pocket for iOS is one of the few apps in the App Store with a full 5 star rating. We take advantage of new iOS features as they are announced, and we’re regularly featured by Apple in the App Store.
Come work with us and make a huge impact.
What you’ll do:
- Create a dynamic, flexible, native user experience that allow our users to discover, save, organize, consume, and share millions of articles.
- Work closely with our product and design team to create a great product experience for Pocket’s iOS users.
- Work closely with our existing iOS engineers to create a great engineering experience for yourself and your peers.
- Participate daily in decisions affecting the future of Pocket and its mobile and desktop platform.
What you already do:
- You have experience programming in Objective-C: you know the ins and outs of the language, runtime, and core libraries (from UIKit to CoreFoundation)
- You are familiar with functional programming concepts, and alternatives to traditional iOS design patterns, such as MVVM, Elm, and View State Driven.
- You like talking to people: you take pride in your ability to explain your ideas and to understand the ideas of others
What will make you happier here:
- You’ve worked with multi-functional teams, on a platform other than iOS, or with a non C-based language.
- You know how to drive Git from the terminal, and can comfortably rebase, squash, etc.
- You hear “refactor” and think “opportunity”
Mozilla is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity throughout our recruiting and hiring process and is dedicated to growing diversity in our workplace.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/mozilla/jobs/1233427