Senior Intranet Manager United States
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Senior Intranet Manager.
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to act as the Managing Editor of Switchboard, Twilio’s employee intranet by owning day-to-day content management and planning. This person will have a passion for working across teams, managing our editorial calendar, and creating and planning content that engages, empowers, and informs Twilions across the globe. The intranet senior manager role reports to the director of internal communications and sits on the Corporate Communications team.
In this role, you’ll:
- Manage the editorial calendar for Switchboard, our company intranet and other internal communication channels to ensure consistency and timeliness for messages that stick.
- Plan and manage a continuous drumbeat of content that ranges from the necessary and strategic to fun and culture-building.
- Curate and edit Switchboard’s weekly digital digest to build and maintain readership.
- Train and coach content creators and contributors, site administrators, and team partners across the organization, (e.g., HR, IT, Marketing, Operations, R&D) to continue to build and maintain their presence on Switchboard, ensuring their content is accurate and current and adheres to Twilio’s Style Guide.
- Plan and manage quarterly content audits to ensure that it is current, accurate, and adheres to Twilio’s Style Guide.
- Maintain Switchboard’s visual design and own all aspects of the homepage so that it reflects Twilio’s unique culture.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- To comply with Executive Order 14042, all Twilio employees working in the U.S. are required to submit proof of vaccination for COVID-19 unless they qualify for a medical or religious accommodation / exemption. Employees onboarded after January 4, 2022 must submit proof of vaccination or receive approval for an exemption prior to their Twilio start date.
- Has 5+ years experience with an employee intranet, including supporting the communication needs of stakeholders, managing content and content contributors, and owning an editorial calendar. This experience is a must.
- Understands the big picture and can align a company intranet so employees know and feel connected to an organization’s strategy, values, priorities, and culture.
- Has experience with Unily or other content management platforms.
- Is organized, can keep everyone on schedule, and plans well to ensure a dynamic intranet for a fast-scaling, global company.
- Has a creative, resourceful mindset - written and visual - that can engage a global workforce with fun, quirky content and adoption campaigns that reflect Twilio’s culture
- Loves to collaborate with a diverse, global, cross-functional team and work toward common goals and is an enthusiastic ambassador for the internal communications team.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, hyper-growth environment and can work independently under time constraints to meet deadlines.
- Digital content marketing experience is a big plus.
This role will be remote, and based in the USA.
Approximately 3-4 annual trips to HQ travel is anticipated, post-pandemic.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $79,408 - $113,440.
- Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/3822477