Senior Integration Engineer - US Based Remote /
Expanding Our Impact
Since first launching its product in late 2013, CareMessage has partnered with 400 healthcare organizations in 43 states across the country, reaching 10M+ underserved patients.
In the past two years, from the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic to today, the CareMessage team has risen to the occasion to support a 10x growth in our messaging volume, as well as evolving customer needs- from supporting COVID testing and COVID vaccinations, to filling immediate needs for patients tied to food insecurity and housing.
As a part of the CareMessage team, you can play a key role in helping improve health outcomes at a national scale for the most vulnerable patient populations.
We are looking to hire a US based Senior Integration Engineer who will be responsible for leading the technical development of integration API to API, HL7, and FHIR based workflows using the Rhapsody interface engine. You’ll work closely with members of Product, Customer Success, and Engineering teams to understand customer's needs and integration requirements, and lead the implementation of the interfaces between the CareMessage platform and external systems.
Within 1 month you'll...
- Understand and follow the Engineering Team development's agile process
- Learn and follow CareMessage's integration standards and coding best practices
- Have a working familiarity with CareMessage’s features and the API
Within 3 months you'll...
- Contribute to improving CareMessage’s development process and departmental policies and procedures
- Have a working familiarity with Rhapsody interface engine and understand the architectural design of integration projects
- Be self-sufficient in completing tasks and start delivering upon Integration projects with wide-ranging impact
Within 6 months you'll...
- Be self-sufficient in the design, build, and maintenance of integration workflows between the CareMessage platform and client third-party systems using Rhapsody engine
- Have end-to-end ownership of the implementation of multiple integration projects
- Contribute your expertise in one or more areas that drive value and impact within our engineering department (e.g., API improvements, automated testing strategies, etc.)
- Design, build, and maintain integration workflows and automated tests using Rhapsody interface engine
- Define and enforce a highly scalable and reusable framework for the implementation of our standard integration offerings, as well as create and update documentation for the integration architecture, standards, and coding best practices
- Enforce documentation of generic and client-specific integration workflows, routes, and communication point configurations to ensure proper versioning, thorough testing for all variations, and an audit trail of changes
- Work with customers, partners, and other external technical resources to understand the integration requirements and implementation details of the workflows
- Provide technical training continually assuring capabilities for support teams to monitor and troubleshoot interfaces
- 3-7 years of hands-on, technical experience building interfaces using an interface engine (preferable Lyniate Rhapsody, Mirth also okay)
- Experience with the fundamentals of computer programming, including a good understanding of the software development lifecycle, coding best practices, design patterns, object-oriented architecture, etc.
- Experience working with commonly used EHRs such as Epic, AthenaHealth, NextGen, Greenway, eCW, etc
- Experience working remotely (Our engineering team has been remote since 2013!)
- You have a commitment to supporting and fostering diversity and inclusion within the teams you have worked with (We have a global team and you will regularly collaborate with people from a variety of walks of life)
- This role requires the candidate to reside within the United States of America
This role is currently set at a Senior I role, equivalent to someone who has held multiple Engineering-related roles for several years and is extremely proficient in their craft.
Our salary allocation for this role is $148,000.
Note: If you don’t fit this description perfectly (in particular, if you come from an under-represented group), but you would consider yourself a very Senior Level Integration Engineer, please apply!
We believe in equal work for equal pay. All team members performing the same role at the same level are paid the same regardless of where they are in the world.
CareMessage is the largest patient engagement platform for underserved populations in the United States. We want to help create a world where all people regardless of income or background achieve equitable health outcomes. We power the care for more than 10 million underserved patients at over 400 safety net organizations nationwide who receive timely healthcare information, preventive care reminders, appointment reminders, local resources, and health coaching through interactive voice and text messaging.
Founded in 2012 at Stanford University, CareMessage has raised over $25 million from Google.org, William K. Bowes Jr. Foundation, Pershing Square Foundation, Y Combinator, Schmidt Futures, and others.
Flexible work hours as a fully remote team
Generous medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their families
Health Savings Accounts and Flexible Spending Accounts
401k retirement plan
Short & long-term disability insurance
Paid parental leave for biological and adopted children
9 Wellness days to be used for anything that comes up in life or self-care
15 Vacation Day plus 1-month (20 working days) paid sabbatical after the 4-year anniversary
19 Paid Holidays a year, including a ~5-day mid-year break and a ~5-day end-of-year break for U.S.
Employee Assistance Program
Budget for professional and personal development (webinars, online courses, books, and more)
We are committed to equal opportunity and actively encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, military or veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, etc.