Senior Indirect Tax Analyst United States
Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Senior Indirect Tax Analyst to be a key contributor in the evaluation, execution, and minimization of Twilio’s indirect tax risk in the United States.
Twilio is looking for a key contributor who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record in indirect tax issues, compliance and process improvement. They also have:
- 3 years of multi-jurisdiction sales tax experience, specifically in the SaaS/PaaS industry with a BS in Accounting or equivalent experience required.
- Ability to evaluate and improve systems and processes. We would like the contributor to learn existing processes, but then also challenge them and improve upon them.
- Curious and passionate about all things Tax as well as the larger business as a whole.
- Advanced Excel skills, knowledge of Alteryx and Tableau a bonus.
- Experience with related systems such as Avalara, Vertex, SureTax, OneSource, etc is highly preferred.
- Working knowledge of Netsuite or other enterprise scale ERP systems.
- Strong written & oral communication skills who is also enthusiastic and displays an owner mentality.
As a Senior Indirect Tax Analyst, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Help maintain tax filing calendar and State logins/PW file. Assist with organizing compliance documentation in group shared drive. Prepare supporting details to the overall compliance process. i.e. running reports in ERP, tax engine, and internal billing software. Help assist with the monthly reconciliation of key tax accounts.
- DRAW THE OWL: Identify and suggest indirect tax process improvements and work towards a resolution. Conduct research on various key indirect tax topics using online research software (RIA, CCH, or BNA) and apply research to complex indirect tax issues.
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Assist with monthly, quarterly, and annual US sales/use & other miscellaneous tax compliance. Maintain customer exemptions process and update vendors with newly added documentation.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Work with AP and GL Teams to submit check/payment requests. Work with other business groups, i.e. Billing Platform team to make improvements to indirect tax processes. Reports to the Senior Director, Global Indirect Tax with a dotted line to the Senior Manager, Indirect Tax and Manager, Indirect Tax.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Ensure the consistent exercise of appropriate judgment and timely response to Zendesk TaxHelp ticketing inquiries and/or requests.
The Tax team is central to Twilio's continued growth. We lead all aspects of identifying, evaluating, and ensuring that Twilio is compliant with its telecommunication transaction tax obligations in order to minimize the overall tax risk for the company.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position can be remote in the US or located in any of our US Twilio offices. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado.
Tier 4 base salary range: $74,944.00 to $103,048.00
Rest of Colorado:
Tier 5 base salary range: $65,576.00 to $90,167.00
Non Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/3061865