We all have important information we need to manage, and protecting it should be easy. Over 100,000 businesses and millions of people log in to 1Password to unlock smart, simple access to everything they care about. Our vision is to create a safer, simpler digital future for everyone, and our culture values simplicity, honesty and a human-centric approach to solving problems. Come help us unlock peace of mind so everyone can stay safer online.
1Password is nothing without the people who build, design, and support it. When it comes to our people, we embrace the unconventional, are hands-on, and support everyone to succeed. From introducing them to the company, helping them to grow in their role, and supporting them to accomplish their next big thing, the People team is here to guide their journey.
As an HR Business Partner, you’ll be the dedicated contact business units within the company, advising on performance management and career planning, making sure people feel heard, and taking action with what you’ve learned. You’ll also help team leads and managers get more comfortable and confident in their roles, and work closely with leadership to provide a regular “health report” of the culture.
If you’re someone who loves being the bridge between teams, their people, and leadership, this is the role for you!
This is a Remote opportunity within Canada and the US.
What we're looking for:
- 7+ years experience working as an HR Business Partner, preferably within a fast-growing technology company.
- Strategic thinker, able to identify solutions and the associated impacts across the organization.
- Sound judgement, business insights partnered with a human centric approach.
- Bias for action: you're willing to do what it takes to get the job done.
- Comfortable operating in ambiguity: you don't always have all the information but you're resourceful and curious.
- Capable and accountable to quickly establish credibility and influence management and resolve conflicts with leaders with a variety of experience.
- A strong EQ with an affinity for building and maintaining relationships at the company.
- Proven experience as a HRBP: broad experience in a variety of employee relations situations, strong knowledge of current professional processes, trends, and compliance practices in Canada and the US; International experience a plus.
- Experience at a software/technology company preferred.
- An understanding of and comfort leveraging HRM data to create a narrative and inform the business of recommendations and opportunities.
- Proficient with HRM tools such as UKG, Lever, and Workplace, and able to quickly learn new tools, systems and processes, while identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Acute listening skills: People often compliment how great you are at listening and how they love your approach to tackling difficult situations.
- Communication skills that adapt: You can handle difficult situations and conversations with poise and professionalism, while retaining human touches. A lot of communication here happens in Slack as well, so emojis are our best friend 🤗
- Self-starting, self-driven: You’ll be helping build the team from the ground up, so you need to be comfortable with working independently and asking for support when you need it.
- A strong level of ownership, confidentiality, attention to detail, and a knack for organizing processes using all three.
- A penchant for documentation and readiness to help others learn from your past experience.
- Experience with benefits administration is a plus!
What you can expect in Month 1:
- Meet people you’ll be working with, from team leads and hiring managers to recruiters, getting to know our culture along the way.
- Read our team’s documentation, improving it as you go: The team is in its early stages so there are plenty of blind spots you’ll be finding and patching.
What you can expect in Month 2:
- Understand the current performance and the career aspirations of your teams
- Work with others on the team to design, draft, and implement global compensation, benefits, and other employee programs, then educate the team that you’re dedicated to.
- Shadow the talent team and team leads on screening calls and interviews, learning what they each of them look for and making hiring more seamless.
- Support team leads and team members throughout their experience here, from onboarding to coaching to managing performance improvement plans.
What you can expect in Month 3:
- You're well informed on the existing programs and can answer employee questions and point people to the right resource to learn more.
- Assist with driving engagement initiatives and culture programs, promoting a learning-focused culture where people are encouraged to continue growing, try new things, and learn from their mistakes.
- Continue building a network within the company, meeting new people often and hearing their perspectives on working here.
- Keep open communication channels with team leads and team members, using their feedback to improve your team and others within the company.
United States-based roles only: Minimum annual salary for this role is $111,000USD, plus immediate participation in 1Password’s benefits program (health, dental, 401k and many others), utilization of our generous paid time off and, where applicable, participation in our incentive programs. All employees are owners of 1Password and receive an equity grant as part of their total package. At 1Password, we approach each individual's compensation with a promise of fair market value and internal equity commensurate with experience and specific skill set.
What we offer:
We believe in working hard, and resting hard. We’re always looking for new ways to support our team members, but here’s a glance at what we currently offer:
Health and wellbeing
> 👶 Maternity and parental leave top up programs
> 👟 Wellness spending account
> 🏝 Generous PTO policy
> 💖 Company-wide wellness days off scheduled throughout the year
> 🧠 Complimentary Headspace membership
> 🩺 Comprehensive health coverage
Growth and future
> 📈 Employee stock option program for all full time employees
> 💸 Retirement matching program
> 💡 Training budget, 1Password University access, and learning sessions
> 🔑 Free 1Password account (and friends and family discount!)
Flexibility and community
> 🤝 Paid volunteer days
> 🌎 Employee-led DEI&B programs and ERGs
> 🏠 Fully remote environment
> 🏆 Peer-to-peer recognition through Bonusly
You belong here.
1Password is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, diverse and equitable workplace that is built on trust, support and respect. We welcome all individuals and do not discriminate on the basis of gender identity and expression, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, sex, citizenship, education, languages spoken or veteran status. Be yourself, find your people and share the things you love.
Accommodation is available upon request at any point during our recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please speak to your talent acquisition partner or email us at [email protected] and we’ll work to meet your needs.
Candidate Privacy Notice
When you apply for a position, refer a candidate, or are being considered for a role at AgileBits, Inc. (dba 1Password, 1Password, we, us, or our), your information is stored in Lever, in accordance with Lever's Service Privacy Notice. We use this information to evaluate your candidacy for the posted position. We also store this information, and may use it in relation to future positions to which you apply, or which we believe may be relevant to you given your background.
Candidates may also optionally choose to self-identify their race/ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, and disability. These answers will help us evaluate our diversity and belonging efforts. You do not have to answer these questions—your answers will not be linked to your name or job application, will not be visible to the hiring manager reviewing your application, and will in no way affect your job application. If you have any questions about the collection or use of this information, please contact [[email protected]].
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your information, we will either delete or anonymize it. If you have any questions about how we use or process your information, or if you would like to ask to access, correct, or delete your information, please contact our privacy team at [[email protected]] or through 1Password Support.