Senior HR Business Partner Remote - US / Canada
We are looking for a Strategic Human Resources Business Partner to support and work with our growing teams. We believe that our talent and our teams are our most important asset and our employees reflect the community of global developers that we serve. Our culture is inspired by this core value of collaboration and sharing, and we work in a globally distributed manner that reflects the developer platform that we create. As a close partner to our business leaders, HR leaders bring expertise in global talent practices to collaborate on how we grow and enable our Hubbers to do their best work at GitHub. The HR Business Partner will serve as a consultant to management and Hubbers on HR-related issues. You'll work very closely with the Hubbers of each internal team to provide day to day support/guidance, implement various company-wide programs, help with organizational planning, and implement team-specific initiatives based on Hubbers’ feedback and needs. The position includes international human resources responsibilities and working in compliance with local employment practices. We work with integrity and openness in supporting both managers and Hubbers with the goal of team members feeling comfortable coming to us for counsel, support, and ideas at any time.
- Drive the Talent Rhythm of the Business across designated client groups
- Work closely with designated business leaders as an expert on human resources issues, as an executive coach and to influence talent planning and outcomes
- Provide a point of view on talent to optimize for business outcomes and enable the business to scale successfully
- Plan and execute talent initiatives, such as management development, D&I strategy, high potential identification and development
- Plan and facilitate training and offsite meetings, deliver content and provide 1:1 coaching and interventions
- Operate as a member of the HR team, working in collaboration across centers of expertise, including compensation, benefits, talent acquisition, talent development and diversity & inclusion
- Work closely with functional leaders on organizational planning and team development
- Build trust and credibility with Managers and Hubbers to coach and develop, and hold accountable to business outcomes
- Identify and surface opportunities to advance the effectiveness of our teams and work across functions, and work with leaders to develop initiatives and programs to improve effectiveness
- Help interpret people analytics data and internal trends for each function that is supported to inform business strategy and proactively identify issues
- Coach all levels of people managers on how they can be effective communicators, leaders, and mentors
- Assist Hubbers in understanding their own experience and needs, providing feedback to peers and managers; coach managers in providing thoughtful feedback to their team members so Hubbers feel supported to do great work at GitHub
- Collaborate with HR Operations to develop and deploy company-wide people-oriented programs including performance feedback, career development, and/or rewards & recognition
- Plan and execute our mid year and annual performance feedback process and conducting talent calibrations with business leaders and managers
- Partner with the Learning & Development team to help identify and provide specific skill advancement opportunities and support implementation of initiatives
- 6+ years of HR or related business experience and multi-discipline experiences a plus
- Business acumen and understanding of financials and metrics across the organization
- Experience in working with technical, engineering, and sales client groups a must
- Background with organizations that are technical and of global business communities
- Prior acquisition or integration related experience a plus
- Strong change management skills, coaching, organizational assessment of talent skills required
- Demonstrated success in problem-solving and the ability to be agile through change
- Ability to travel as needed domestically and internationally. Travel estimated to be about 25%
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/github/jobs/3076251