Senior Graphic Designer United States
GitHub powers the developer community. Since 2008, our platform has brought people together to collaborate, share ideas, and solve problems to build the future. We’ve enabled over 28 million developers and thousands of businesses to build and share their software projects with people all over the world. From NASA using GitHub to put a rover on Mars to Mailchimp working to improve email, amazing things happen every day on our platform.
In the midst of all this technological collaboration is a vibrant company culture, and art is at the core of it. It not only provides a fun work environment for our fellow Hubbers, but also delights our audience—our superfans. With your help we’ll continue building our team into an artistic powerhouse.
Growing our Design team
We’re growing our Design team at GitHub to creatively solve some of GitHub’s largest business challenges. We support the entire customer journey through a combination of data, instinct, and craft to increase brand awareness and affinity for superfans inside and out of GitHub. We believe the best design has a positive impact on a person’s life, so we put an empathetic understanding at the heart of everything we do.
We’re looking for curious, talented communication/visual designers interested in building the GitHub brand with exceptional online and offline campaign experiences. We’re seeking conceptual thinkers with exceptional design skills to bring the biggest ideas to life while staying flexible in managing the day-to-day design workload. You’ll work closely with your fellow designers and artists to collaborate with teams across all of GitHub to create integrated, effective projects.
- Assist in translating marketing objectives into clear creative strategies and enable them to tell inspiring stories that drive measurable impact.
- Understand and appreciate strategy, defining brand characteristics, and help in establishing and documenting a vision for an entire company.
- Distill the essence of our company’s personality into visual communications that connect with customers.
- Obsess about typography, imagery, the interplay between words and pictures, and how all of this tells a story appropriate to the brand.
- Develop product and service communications such as printed collateral, packaging, email notifications, and signage.
- Collaborate with product designers, web designers, and engineers to ensure the coherence of our end-to-end brand experience.
- Drive cross-functional meetings
- Contribute strategically and in the execution of our work, while educating internal teams on the importance of brand strategy to ensure consistency across all platforms.
- Lead creative solutions across the customer journey, from brand awareness to purchase decision
- Minimum of 5–10 years experience; contributing to multiple omni-channel projects that ladder up to a larger creative strategy and business context
- Doer and leader, with a desire to understand the business context of your work
- Experience in developing the process/approach for tackling problems
- Strong facilitation and listening skills
- Possess strong empathy and compassion
- Online portfolio demonstrating strong conceptual thinking and a variety of projects, as well as an understanding of design principles
- Familiar with technology-driven creative environments
Who We Are:
GitHub is the best place to share code with friends, co-workers, classmates, and complete strangers. Over fifteen million people use GitHub to build amazing things together. With the collaborative features of GitHub.com and GitHub Business, it has never been easier for individuals and teams to write faster, better code.
What We Value:
Collaboration: We believe the best work is done together.
Empathy: We believe in putting people first.
Quality: We believe in setting the standard for excellence.
Positive Impact: We believe in making the world a better place through our work.
Shipping: We believe in creating things for the people using them.
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe.
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
*Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Recruiter!
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/github/jobs/1227385