Senior Global Employee Relations Business Partner Oxford, UK
GitHub is looking for an experienced and values-driven professional to join our Employee Relations team. As a Sr. Employee Relations Business Partner, you will guide GitHub's success by bringing your knowledge and expertise to the HR team and help us maintain our culture as we grow. You will work to develop thoughtful partnerships across the company and tackle complex employee relations issues from intake to investigation to resolution. You will have the ability to make sound judgment calls and contribute to maintaining a culture of high integrity. If you’re skilled with issue resolution, a great collaborator and an excellent communicator, we’d like to talk to you!
This is a remote position based in EMEA. Your focus will be on cases based outside of the U.S. but you will also assist with cases in the U.S. as needed.
- Help shape and develop the ER function across EMEA and APAC, leading the next chapter in our journey as we continue to build a world-class ER team
- Partner with legal to manage ER issues including workplace investigations related to employee claims and advise leaders and HR Business Partners.
- Advise and support managers and HRBPs through change management processes including reorganization/restructuring, redundancy/redeployment
- Provide counsel and coaching to Hubbers at an individual level and ensure queries are managed fairly, effectively and consistently
- Understand and identify ER trends within departments and across the company. Help develop training offerings that can scale.
- Contribute to the development of GitHub's workplace policies in close partnership with our Legal, HR and Learning & Development teams
- Ensure adherence to legislation requirements and company policies
- 7+ years of HR experience with specific experience in Employee Relations
- Prior experience partnering with employment legal counsel
- Prior international experience
- Highest degree of integrity and management of confidential information
- Working knowledge of employment laws in EMEA and APAC
- Proven track record of positively influencing ICs, leaders, teams and cross-functional stakeholders
- Experience building and improving workplace policies and maintaining a positive employee experience
- Experience tracking, prioritizing and driving multiple concurrent projects in a fast paced, growing company
- Driven, proactive and can-do attitude. You will have proactively build relationships and be self-sufficient to a large extent
- German speaking strongly preferred
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/github/jobs/3499704