Senior Full Stack Java Engineer - Remote Canada - Remote /
We are 400+ employees from diverse backgrounds that hail from more than 50 countries and speak 15 languages. But, we all share one thing in common: we’re passionate about accelerating software innovation. Our vision is to put Nexus products at the center of every open-source decision made by modern engineering organizations.
We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in the Fulton MD, Tyson's Corner VA, London UK, and Sydney AUS, we’re very distributed and remote first (and always have been). We use several communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team meetups. We also have an annual company meetup to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year.
Learn more at www.sonatype.com.
Like working in a team, you have an entrepreneurial mindset, can define and run experiments to learn what works, and like metrics to make decisions. You will work in an agile team and participate in all stages of product development, from concept to release and subsequent iterations to react to learnings and refinements. You will contribute to our applications and internal tooling evolution, enabling better experiences for our customers and your teammates.
Required Experience & Skills
- Strong development experience within the Java ecosystem
- Knowledge of git-based source control systems
- Experienced and knowledgeable regarding API design best practices
- Experience in an Agile development environment, using Scrum and/or Kanban
- Knowledge and experience developing applications deployed in cloud services such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud
- Knowledge and experience of Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift, and other container-related technologies
- Effective communicator and collaborator; a great team player.
- Have a strong bias for making things happen.
- Experience working in a remote environment leveraging remote communication and collaboration tools (e.g., HipChat, Slack, video conferencing, wikis, Github, etc.).
- Legally authorized to work (without sponsorship) in Canada.
Desired Experience & Skills
- Knowledge or experience in several programming languages and ecosystems, for example (Groovy, Maven, Ruby, Python, PyPI, js, npm, .NET, NuGet, etc.). Need not have experience with all of the languages listed.
- Knowledge and experience of CI/CD, including automated testing of various layers, containerization, automation of infrastructure provisioning and deployment, etc.
- Knowledge and experience of relational and nonrelational databases.
Things that we are proud of
- Fast Company Top 50 Companies for Innovators 2018, 2019, and 2020
- 2019 Best Places to Work Washington Post and Washingtonian
- 2019 Wealthfront Top Career Launch Company
- EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2019
- Diversity & Inclusion Working Groups
- Parental Leave Policy
- Paid Volunteer Time Off (VTO)
- See why we've won these awards and enjoy a 4.6 Glassdoor rating.
At Sonatype, we value diversity and inclusivity. We offer perks such as parental leave, diversity, and inclusion working groups, and flexible working practices to allow our employees to show up as their whole selves. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.