Senior Frontend Engineer, Observability Worldwide
GitLab's DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 1,400+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute.
GitLab is building observability into the DevOps Platform based on the recent acquisition of Opstrace. It will be fully integrated and on-by-default for all GitLab customers, while maintaining the Opstrace Open Source Distribution as a standalone project. As a Senior Frontend Engineer on the Observability team, you’ll collaborate on building cloud-native tooling, scalable data storage technologies, and custom orchestration logic. You’ll work closely with customers and operate the code you write. You will help bridge the gap between expensive SaaS vendors and difficult DIY projects. There’s a lot to do and learn.
Some things you may work on:
- Developing open source UI components and visualization for tracing, logging, metrics
- Leveraging and/or integrating existing open source tools such as Grafana
- Creating a consistent user experience across monitoring features
- Working with other GitLab teams to help them integrate monitoring features into their product areas
- Experience working with Grafana, Data Visualisation, Single Page Application Development.
- Experience with writing automated tests (e.g. Jest, Karma, Jasmine, Mocha, AVA, tape)
- Experience using Git in a professional/workplace environment
Nice to have:
- GCP and/or AWS experience
- Experience operating a managed Kubernetes cluster (ex. GKE or EKS)
- Experience with Cortex, Thanos, Jaeger, or other similar open source observability systems
- Distributed Systems experience
- Golang and/or Ruby/Ruby on Rails skills
You can see more about what Frontend Engineers at GitLab are required to know and things you'll work on here - https://about.gitlab.com/job-families/engineering/development/frontend/senior/
To view the full job description and its compensation calculator, view our handbook. The compensation calculator can be found towards the bottom of the page.
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/gitlab/jobs/5746203002