Senior Front-End Engineer - Nexus - 7+ years - Remote Canada /
We are 400+ employees from a diverse group of backgrounds that hail from more than 50 countries and speak 15 languages. But, we all share one thing in common: we’re passionate about accelerating software innovation. Our vision is to put Nexus products at the center of every open-source decision modern engineering organizations make.
We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in the Fulton, MD, Tyson's Corner VA, London UK, and Sydney AUS, we’re very distributed and remote first (and always have been). We use several communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team meetups. We also have an annual company meetup to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year.
Learn more at www.sonatype.com.
What you’ll do
- Be a member of the team behind Nexus Repository OSS and Pro and participate in all stages of product development, from concept to release
- Refine the product based on new things you’ve learned and refinements suggested by our customers.
- Contribute to our applications and internal tooling evolution and will enable better experiences for our customers and your teammates.
What we are looking for
- Strong experience with the relevant frameworks and toolchains, such as NodeJS and ReactJS.
- Experience with and the ability to work with web services, including RESTful services and JSON.
- Ability to quickly iterate with product direction, apply metrics around user engagement for experimentation, and work closely with design and product management to broaden product adoption and deepen product use.
- A passion for delightful user experiences, a deep sense of quality, and great attention to detail.
- Have a strong affinity for making things happen and love the team aspect of software development
- While these skills are essential, we would love to chat with you even if you do not have all of them.
Things that we are proud of
- Fast Company Top 50 Companies for Innovators 2018, 2019, and 2020
- 2019 Best Places to Work Washington Post and Washingtonian
- 2019 Wealthfront Top Career Launch Company
- EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2019
- Diversity & Inclusion Working Groups
- Parental Leave Policy
- Paid Volunteer Time Off (VTO)
- See why we've won these awards and enjoy a 4.6 Glassdoor rating
At Sonatype, we value diversity and inclusivity. We offer perks such as parental leave, diversity, and inclusion working groups, and flexible working practices to allow our employees to show up as their whole selves. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.