Senior FP&A Analyst - Corporate Remote, North America
The GitLab DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 2,000+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute.
Location - This position is 100% remote, based in the US Timezone.
The FP&A team partners with executive team members across the company to provide timely, fact-based, data-driven decision support to help drive critical decisions. The team drives annual planning, owns the operating plan and long-term financial model, internal financial reporting, and financial and analytical tools to make GitLab predictable.
Don’t have a ton of knowledge about GitLab yet? Don’t worry. We have an extensive onboarding and training program at GitLab and you will be provided with necessary DevOps and GitLab knowledge to fulfill your role.
- Project Management: Run medium-sized projects that improve our ability to make better data driven insights or make the company more efficient.
- Communication: Target audience CFO, CFO staff and a functional EVP.
- Financial Acumen: Have a solid understanding of financial statements.
- Financial Modeling: Ability to understand or build bottom up financial models to plan, measure and forecast the business.
- Business Partnership: Engage with stakeholders regarding business strategy, go to market, functional and company strategy, spending initiatives, ad hoc financial analysis and monthly, quarterly and annual planning. Collaborate with accounting/data/IT teams on process improvement projects.
- Planning and Financial Analysis: Participate in annual planning, long-term planning, rolling forecast and variance process, make recommendations to improve the process. Explore investment options and present risk and opportunities.
- Data Analysis: Summarize key data driven insights to members of the executive team to drive better outcomes, an increase in revenue or decrease in cost. Participate in monthly key reviews for your functional area.
- Financial Process Improvement: Execute improvements to processes within your own workflow. Document in the company handbook.
- Communication: Prepare and review visualizations of financial data to promote internal and external understanding of the company’s financial results. Clearly articulate insights.
- Share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
- Business Acumen: Be able to understand the business at a level to understand EVP priorities.
- Experience owning a business function as a finance business partner.
- 3-5 years of experience (minimum) in a finance role ideally with enterprise SaaS software model.
- BS degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics or relevant degree. MBA or relevant certification (e.g. CFA/CPA) is a plus.
- Financial Modeling: Be able to understand and update financial models that follow industry best practices. Expertise in Google sheets (we do not use excel for modeling purposes).
- Business Partnership: Consistent track record of using quantitative analysis to impact key business decisions.
- Data Analysis: A passion for understanding business questions and making data driven insights. Excellent analytical skills. SQL experience preferred.
- Communication: Ability to present financial data concisely using detailed reports and charts and through written and oral communication.
- Systems: Hands-on experience with financial and visualization software. Netsuite, Sisense and Adaptive Planning a plus.
- Ability to use GitLab.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/gitlab/jobs/6481039002