Senior Financial Analyst (Reporting Processes) Worldwide
Company: Wikimedia Foundation
SENIOR PROGRAM MANAGER, FINANCE
The Wikimedia Foundation is the non-profit organization that operates Wikipedia – one of the most popular websites in the world, serving nearly half a billion users every month. It is the only non-profit in the top 50 websites, supported by a community of millions of individual donors. Join the Wikimedia Foundation in our ambitious project to empower people to create and share the sum of all human knowledge.
We are looking for a Senior Program Manager, Finance to join our Financial Planning & Analysis team, reporting to the Senior Manager, Finance. This individual will be a central resource to the Strategic Finance team, responsible for designing, implementing and executing processes to streamline our internal reporting and forecasting and to optimize our system integrations and data workflows. This role requires a mix of analytical, technical and project management skills, as well as an ability to build collaborative relationships across teams, communicate effectively, and balance multiple assignments at the same time.
As the Senior Program Manager, Finance, you will join a small team who manages the Foundation’s planning, analysis, and internal reporting processes, liaises regularly with and across all departments at the Foundation, and acts as a strategic partner to Executive Management. You will work alongside a range of Finance professionals, engineers and creatives, all collaborating to change the world. You are an innovator and operational executor who loves to solve problems and set up processes based on your deep understanding of financial workflows and reporting systems. Leveraging your background in finance, you are comfortable operating in a complex and ambiguous environment, working with high volumes of information.
This role is remote and open to candidates with work times between UTC-8 to UTC-4
You are responsible for:
Project & Process Management
- Project-manage financial reporting and forecasting processes by creating timelines, project plans and tools, as well as coordinating roles & responsibilities
- Drive continuous improvement of operational processes to enhance flow of information, reduce friction and support effective decision-making across teams
- Document the FP&A team’s procedures and best practices across all our major workstreams
Business and Financial Analytics & Reporting
- Lead the preparation of Board and Executive financial reports and presentations
- Develop thoughtful analysis and deliver key insights that support strategic decision-making
- Analyze cost drivers and macro-economic trends within a globally distributed workforce
System Design & Data Workflows
- Develop standards and document data integration between systems, write internal documentation for Financial Planning & Reporting system
- Identify process improvements in the Financial Planning & Reporting data management practices to enhance user experience and process efficiency
- Support organization wide systems and process roll-outs
Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years work experience + Bachelor’s or equivalent experience in Program or Project Management, Business Analytics, Finance or similar. MBA/Master preferred
- Experience in financial analysis and data management
- Experience with financial reporting systems and system integration
- Project management experience
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with non-finance users
- Ability to successfully self-manage multiple priorities including urgent tasks
- Function in a highly collaborative, consensus-oriented environment
Qualities that are important to us:
- You love solving problems, and understand the connections between micro decisions and the macro systems.
- You believe in the mission of the Foundation and are excited to dig into numbers and processes to support that mission.
- You enjoy collaborating with a range of stakeholders, and you value knowledge sharing, and collaboration.
- You are capable of working with distributed teams using asynchronous and synchronous methods.
- You are a proactive problem solver and take initiative in identifying needs and taking action prior to being asked.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and are able to adapt to a rapidly changing business environment.
- You thrive in a results-oriented culture that favors collaborative decision making.
- You have strong time management skills and plan and prioritize work to accomplish all tasks.
- You are a flexible and creative individual capable of managing multiple priorities and projects in a diverse environment while providing top level attention to detail, and ensuring work is complete.
Additionally, we’d love it if you have:
- Previous work experience with Workday Adaptive Planning.
- Understanding of the free culture, free software, or online rights movements.
About the Wikimedia Foundation
The Wikimedia Foundation is the nonprofit organization that operates Wikipedia and the other Wikimedia free knowledge projects. Our vision is a world in which every single human can freely share in the sum of all knowledge. We believe that everyone has the potential to contribute something to our shared knowledge, and that everyone should be able to access that knowledge freely. We host Wikipedia and the Wikimedia projects, build software experiences for reading, contributing, and sharing Wikimedia content, support the volunteer communities and partners who make Wikimedia possible, and advocate for policies that enable Wikimedia and free knowledge to thrive.
The Wikimedia Foundation is a charitable, not-for-profit organization that relies on donations. We receive donations from millions of individuals around the world, with an average donation of about $15. We also receive donations through institutional grants and gifts. The Wikimedia Foundation is a United States 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization with offices in San Francisco, California, USA.
As an equal opportunity employer, the Wikimedia Foundation values having a diverse workforce and continuously strives to maintain an inclusive and equitable workplace. We encourage people with a diverse range of backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate against any person based upon their race, traits historically associated with race, religion, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy or related medical conditions, parental status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristics.
If you are a qualified applicant requiring assistance or an accommodation to complete any step of the application process due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 (415) 839-6885.
U.S. Benefits & Perks
News from across the Wikimedia movement
Our Commitment to Equity
This is Wikimedia Foundation
Our Tech Stack
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/wikimedia/jobs/4704578