Senior Financial Analyst, R&D Finance United States
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to join the R&D Finance team. This high-visibility role gives you a platform to drive investment intensity and growth in Twilio’s largest business unit, Messaging. As the Finance Leader for Messaging - Channels, your ability to effectively manage financial reporting, NPI ROI modelling, and operational partnership will determine your success. This role will require you to build a deep business understanding of RCS and OTT channel communication to develop standardized financial & operational measurement to ultimately drive margin efficiency for this critical piece of the business.
The successful candidate will have a demonstrated track record in building and developing best practices in a high growth environment while living the Twilio Magic. They also have:
- 5+ years of relevant analytical and management experience in Tech / SaaS Product Finance, FP&A or technology investing (VC/PE/fund).
- Strong communication; experience presenting to C-level and Senior Leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally and in a matrix environment.
- Exceptional analytical skills and clear thinking; experience building scalable models and processes.
- Demonstrated track of record in product revenue forecasting, margin analysis, and pricing exposure.
- Fluent understanding of Product P&L dynamics, unit economics, and common SaaS metrics.
- Experience in managing financials to meet quarterly/annual targets, setting up standard P&L reporting and variance analysis
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
As a Senior Financial Analyst, R&D Finance, you will live the Twilio Magics values:
- BE BOLD: Partner with Carrier Relations & Exchange Operations to drive solid operating cadence and financial discipline
- BE AN OWNER: Standardize and improve operating/reporting cadences to generate value-added insights and actionable recommendations to drive growth and influence business KPIs
- NO SHENANIGANS: Report and communicate variances from planned/forecasted results to the Leadership Team on a regular basis
- BE AN OWNER: Play finance leadership role in building internal dashboards to enable real-time analytics of product dynamics
- DRAW THE OWL: Build ROI analysis & reporting cadence to measure success of strategic initiatives and inform status/outcome to Sr. leadership teams
Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world's telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world's most demanding applications.
Twilio’s Messaging business unit has been growing at a rapid pace driven by accelerated digital transformations in global markets. We continue to invest in innovative Messaging products to help companies drive incredible customer engagement.
This role will be a strategic finance partner to the product management and engineering leadership teams in driving revenue growth and ROI in these alternative communication channels. The role has a broad scope but will focus on managing sub-product P&Ls, developing key metrics for growth and investment efficiency, managing Messaging Channels operating expenses, leading AWS cost efficiency tracking, and more.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed, and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in our employees to tackle hard problems and create your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation, and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Tier 4 base salary range: $74,944 - $103,048
Rest of Colorado:
Tier 5 base salary range: $65,576 - $90,167
Non Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/3354941