Senior Financial Analyst, GTM Strategic Finance Remote, North America
The GitLab DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 2,000+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute.
The GitLab DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 1,800+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute.
GitLab is looking to add a Senior Analyst to join the team to help support and partner closely with Sales.
The Strategic Finance team partners with executive team members across the company to provide timely, fact-based, data-driven decision support to help drive critical decisions. The team drives annual planning, owns the operating plan and long-term financial model, internal financial reporting, and financial and analytical tools to make GitLab predictable.
In this particular role, GitLab is looking for someone with experience partnering closely with Sales to drive the Strategic Finance support for this growing department.
This position is 100% remote, based in the US timezone.
Don’t have a ton of knowledge about GitLab yet? Don’t worry. We have an extensive onboarding and training program at GitLab and you will be provided with necessary DevOps and GitLab knowledge to fulfill your role.
- Business Partnership: Influences cross-functional team regularly. Begins to build and manage holistic relationships with select partners
- Financial Modeling: Build, maintain and improve financial models to plan, measure and forecast the business. Models are easily audited and used by overs for areas of high complexity.
- Planning and Financial Analysis: Drive financial processes with minimal guidance.
- Data Analysis: Translates analysis into clear data-driven storylines and insights.
- Project Management: Run medium-sized projects that improve our ability to make better data driven insights or make the company more efficient.
- Communication: Target audience CFO, CFO staff and a functional EVP.
- Autonomy: executes with limited supervision from senior members of the team.
- Business Acumen: Be able to understand the business at a level to understand EVP priorities.
- Skilled at influencing, communicating, and building relationships across all disciplines of the company; especially skilled at setting and managing senior leadership expectations.
- 5-7 years combined experience in Strategic Finance, FP&A, Investment Banking, Consulting, or Investor Relations; ideally with two years in a corporate or strategic finance role. SaaS experience preferred.
- BS degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics or relevant degree.
- Financial Modeling: Elite modeling skills with ability to build complex models from scratch that follow industry best practices from ideation to execution. Expertise in Google sheets is a big plus.
- Business Partnership: Consistent track record of using quantitative analysis to impact key business decisions.
- Data Analysis: A passion for understanding business questions and making data driven insights. Excellent analytical skills. SQL experience is a plus.
- Communication: Ability to present financial data concisely using detailed reports and charts and through written and oral communication.
- Systems: Hands-on experience with financial and visualization software. Netsuite, Sisense and Adaptive Planning a plus.
- Ability to use GitLab.
Also, we know it’s tough, but please try to avoid the confidence gap. You don’t have to match all the listed requirements exactly to be considered for this role.
The base salary range for this role’s listed level is currently $77,300 - $115,900 for Colorado residents and $77,300 - $157,300 for New York and New Jersey residents only. Grade level and salary ranges are determined through interviews and a review of education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities of the applicant, equity with other team members, and alignment with market data. See more information on our benefits and equity. Sales roles are also eligible for incentive pay targeted at up to 100% of the offered base salary.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/gitlab/jobs/6419289002