Senior Federal Systems Engineer US - Remote /
Sonatype is the software supply chain management company. We're on a mission to change how the world innovates by making software development easier. From running the world's largest repository of Java open source components (Maven Central) to inventing componentized software development, and then software supply chain management, to creating the only solution that stops malicious open-source malware in its tracks, we're constantly leading the industry while helping thousands of customers manage open source every day.
Already used by 15 million developers, we have lofty goals for our technology to be in the hands of every engineering team. And, we need you to do that. Join us!
Learn more at www.sonatype.com.
The Systems Engineer will provide installation support for enterprise software development life cycle systems. You will install, configure, and test enterprise software-based solutions on heterogeneous platforms. You will work closely with development teams and environments, security personnel, and operations.
Successful candidates will have extensive experience working with Open Source software components, systems, and development tools. In addition, you will have strong Java development experience and the ability to acquire a U.S. security clearance – TS/SCI
- 7+ years' experience in Systems Integration/Engineering
- 3+ years of experience as a sales engineer or product engineer providing support to clients in differing environments
- 3 years large scale operations support experience
- Broad experience with related technologies (Network, Database, Storage, Web servers, etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work in dynamic environments with multiple technologies.
- Strong documentation and presentation skills
- Extensive experience deploying AWS and Cloud based solutions and services
- Deep knowledge and experience with AWS, Linux systems, database technologies, and web technologies
- Develop infrastructure automation that codifies and standardizes best-practices into modular architectural components
- Design scalable and highly available architectures for new systems in collaboration with Development and Operations teams
- Familiarity in LDAP, SNMP, DNS, Mail, Security, etc.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills. Self-starter, well organized, and able to work independently as well as in a small group.
- Some travel required
- Familiar with Database technologies (Mysql, Oracle, etc).
- Knowledge of storage systems on NAS and/or SAN.
- Familiar with basic networking technologies and load balancing
- ****Prefers candidate located in the Northeastern US region, near Washington, DC.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
Things we are proud of:
Fast Company Top 50 Companies for Innovators 2018, 2019, and 2020
2019 Best Places to Work Washington Post and Washingtonian
2019 Wealthfront Top Career Launch Company
EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2019
Diversity & Inclusion Working Groups
Parental Leave Policy
Paid Volunteer Time Off (VTO)
At Sonatype, we value diversity and inclusivity. We offer perks such as parental leave, diversity, and inclusion working groups, and flexible working practices to allow our employees to show up as their whole selves. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.