Senior Executive Business Administrator (Sales) Remote, US
The GitLab DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 1,800+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute.
Executive Business Administrators (EBAs) at GitLab toggle seamlessly between various systems including Google Workspace, Slack, Expensify, Zoom and GitLab to accomplish an array of tasks, while staying focused on prioritization and escalating urgent issues.They are self-driven, collaborative, and agile team members who are experienced in managing multiple priorities, juggling various responsibilities, and anticipating executive needs. Our team of EBAs are exceptionally organized, relentlessly resourceful, calm under pressure, strategic multitaskers, and have a deep love of logistics in a dynamic start-up environment.
Because the Sales leadership team is located in the US and on Pacific time, the ideal candidate will also be located within this timezone.
What you'll do in this role
- Work closely with, and support two Sales VPs (VP of Customer Success and VP of Alliances)
- Manage complex calendar including vetting, prioritizing and providing recommendations
- Total travel coordination including air and ground transportation, hotel reservations, security, visas and other travel documentation
- Maintain an efficient flow of information between all levels including internal and external contacts on a wide spectrum of plans and priorities
- Draft internal and external communications on behalf of executives
- File expense reports and track reimbursement status
- Manage projects, internal and external meetings and large-scale events from budget planning through logistical coordination
- May coordinate, track and schedule internal and external PR and communication events for manager and team
- Partner with PeopleOps, IT and Security to resolve any logistical issues
- Assist the full life cycle of recruiting including booking interviews, liaising between the hiring team and the candidate, and coordinating onboarding of new hires
- Maintaining and tracking manager and team's project list and goals
- Contribute to team meetings and offsites by assisting with the production of materials and pre-reads, taking notes, and tracking action items
- Schedule, live stream and moderate Group Conversations
- Provide general project support as needed including ad-hoc reporting
- Provide coverage for other E-Group EBAs when needed
We're looking for
- Experience at a quickly-scaling or large technology company, ideally supporting a sales organization
- Successful history of managing the calendars, expenses, and travel of multiple executives
- Experience predicting, prioritizing, and assisting an executive’s workload
- Extensive technical skills in Google Workspace, Zoom, Slack, and Expensify
- Must be proactive and able to deal with ambiguity, prioritize own work and resources, and juggle multiple tasks in a manner transparent to the team, and work independently to achieve results with a high degree of accuracy
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills and ability to interact autonomously with internal and external partners
- Maintain the confidentiality of highly sensitive material with tact and professionalism
- Demonstrated ability to adopt technical tools quickly (i.e. terminal, text editor)
- Possess an ability to multi-task and prioritize in a dynamic environment
- Superior attention to detail
- Event coordination and creative event planning experience
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Experience in a start-up environment preferred
- Experience working remotely preferred
- A desire to learn, have fun and work hard
- A passion for GitLab
- A sincere willingness to help out
- Able to work collaboratively with EBAs across the organization
- An orientation towards team success
- Ability to use GitLab
Also, we know it’s tough, but please try to avoid the confidence gap. You don’t have to match all the listed requirements exactly to be considered for this role.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/gitlab/jobs/6352665002