Senior Engineering Manager United States
GitHub is looking for an experienced manager to lead a small team within our product engineering group. Together we will create products that are integral to how people build software. We pride ourselves on being thoughtful, intentional and getting things done. Hopefully you do too.
- The team always understands the “why” and knows what success looks like for any given product or feature
- The team builds software that is architecturally consistent and of high quality
- The team ships products, features and bug fixes regularly
- Individuals on the team are learning, growing and advancing in their respective careers
- The team is responsive to recruiting and interview needs
- Team members are empowered and demonstrate a strong sense of ownership
We value collaboration, empathy, quality, positive impact and shipping. You will excel when the way you work reflects these values. We want you to lead technically while enabling every team member to do the best work of their lives and we'll partner to enable the same for you.
In this position, you will work closely with the Senior Engineering Manager and Director of Product Engineering. You will also be part of a community dedicated to making a positive impact at work and at large.
- You have led a team that built something you are proud of
- You love helping others improve and you enjoy being hands on
- You are tenacious, highly organized and laser focused when working toward a goal
- Your decisions are inclusive and timely
- You show humility when you are right and have the confidence to admit mistakes
- You are passionate about building products that developers love
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. Over 31 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 100 million repositories. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
What We Value:
Collaboration: We believe the best work is done together.
Empathy: We believe in putting people first.
Quality: We believe in setting the standard for excellence.
Positive Impact: We believe in making the world a better place through our work.
Shipping: We believe in creating things for the people using them.
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe. Here is a complete list of where we can hire!
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/github/jobs/1463403