Senior Engineering Manager, Core Desktop Development Remote Canada, Remote US
Location Details: Mozilla’s North American office locations include San Francisco, CA, Portland, OR, and Toronto, Canada. We are also open to you working from your home office anywhere in the US or Canada for this position.
The Mozilla Firefox Desktop Engineering team is a community of engineers who care deeply about delivering the fastest, friendliest, most usable browser possible. We are the team responsible for making the things you see in the browser work securely, quickly, and well!
Our team is geographically-distributed, and working in the open is the norm. We contribute to the code driving the Firefox browser on a number of desktop platforms - Windows, Linux, and macOS. Our focus is on implementing and fixing things in Firefox as well as helping other teams make it excellent for our users.
Are you passionate about Firefox and the open Web? Do you enjoy making people delighted with solutions to their problems? Do you want your contributions to have a positive impact on the world?
We’re seeking a Senior Engineering Manager to lead Core Desktop Development. In this role you will work with skilled engineers across Firefox Engineering to dramatically improve our Firefox Desktop product. You will help set, drive, and deliver on ambitious goals and ensure we deliver value to our users.
- Drive engineering initiatives and special projects related to improving the Desktop product;
- Mentor and lead engineering teams to deliver value to our users
- Identify, build and iterate on engineering processes that support a high performing team;
- Ensure that the software your team delivers is high quality, highly available, monitored, and maintainable.
- 3+ years in a previous engineering management role;
- Have a proven track record to successfully deliver and maintain complex software projects;
- Proficient with software development practices for triage, prioritization, and execution.
- Can clearly communicate the timeline, scope and risks of your projects, and lead the delivery of major initiatives on clear timelines.
- Can track the team’s efficiency and quality of work, and regularly adjust processes and schedules.
- Can identify the most high-value projects and keep the team passionate about these projects.
- Are comfortable mentoring and managing team members with different skill sets from your own.
- Can manage and collaborate effectively with both remote and local team members.
- Experience effectively communicating with senior leadership and advocating for engineering priorities.
Feel good about your work again.
At Mozilla, we’re serving humanity—by maintaining a safe, open internet—while also helping the individual humans employed here to reach their personal and professional goals. With a relatively small team serving many, many people, a culture of exploration, and a commitment to mentorship, opportunities abound to learn and grow at Mozilla.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/mozilla/jobs/2429691