Senior Engineer, Python United States
Doximity is transforming the healthcare industry. Our mission is to help doctors save time so they can provide better care for patients.
We value diversity — in backgrounds and in experiences. Healthcare is a universal concern, and we need people from all backgrounds to help build the future of healthcare. Our data team is deliberate and self-reflective about the kind of team and culture that we are building, seeking data engineers and scientists that are not only strong in their own aptitudes but care deeply about supporting each other's growth. We have one of the richest healthcare datasets in the world, and our team brings a diverse set of technical and cultural backgrounds.
We are looking for a passionate Senior Python engineer who is enamoured by clean code and reusable software architecture. We expect Python to be your language of choice. Your commitment to excellent software engineering and design patterns must be uncompromisable. You will join our engineering team and help standardize Python engineering practices, testing, and clean code standards.
How you’ll make an impact:
- You will spend the majority of your time pairing with other engineers to help them improve their engineering practices.
- Bring your Python engineering skills in an advisory manner to help others improve the quality of their engineering solutions.
- Build reusable Python frameworks to establish and encourage best practices through code.
- Spearhead, plan, and carry out the implementation of Python solutions while managing your own time.
What we’re looking for:
- You have strong opinions loosely held.
- Clear communicator, passionate about engineering and teaching others.
- 8+ years of professional experience engineering production solutions with Python.
- Fluency in Python and SQL, PySpark is a nice to have.
- Deep understanding of Object Oriented Programming and design patterns.
- Clear understanding of the benefit of testing and when to use it.
- Astute ability to self-manage, prioritize, and deliver functional solutions.
- Working knowledge of Unix, Git, and AWS tooling.
- B.S. in Computer Science is a nice to have but we love professional experience even more than a degree.
We’re thrilled to be named the Fastest Growing Company in the Bay Area, and one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies. Joining Doximity means being part of an incredibly talented and humble team. We work on amazing products that over 70% of US doctors (and over one million healthcare professionals) use to make their busy lives a little easier. We’re driven by the goal of improving inefficiencies in our $2.5 trillion U.S. healthcare system and love creating technology that has a real, meaningful impact on people’s lives. To learn more about our team, culture, and users, check out our careers page, company blog, and engineering blog. We’re growing fast, and there’s plenty of opportunity for you to make an impact—join us!
Doximity is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Vacancy page : https://workat.doximity.com/positions/?gh_jid=1331816