Senior Engineer, Manager San Francisco or Remote (U.S.)
Doximity is transforming the healthcare industry. Our mission is to help doctors be more productive, informed, and connected. As a software engineer, you'll work within cross-functional delivery teams alongside other engineers, designers, and product managers in building software to help improve healthcare.
Our team brings a diverse set of technical and cultural backgrounds and we like to think pragmatically in choosing the tools most appropriate for the job at hand.
One of Doximity's core values is stretching ourselves. Even if you don't check off all the boxes below we encourage you to apply. Doximity is full of exceptional people that don't fit a mold, join us!
About the Job
As an Engineering Manager at Doximity you will be expected to roll-up your sleeves and make technical contributions for a small % of your time. As you will lead a team of 3-7 software engineers, your time for individual contributions will be limited, but most certainly non-zero.
- You will play a liaison role alongside Engineering, Product, and Data teams.
- You will contribute to the technical direction of software products.
- You will aid in iteration planning, retrospectives, and devise effective delegation strategies for you and your team.
- You will review code, write technical proposals, and help your team grow by recruiting, training, and aiding in career progression plans.
- You will strive to keep the team pragmatic, shipping, and focused on adding business value while maintaining a cohesive software stack.
We believe experienced and passionate software engineers make for great Engineering Managers.
- You are a software engineer at heart; excited to roll up your sleeves and help with hands-on engineering problems.
- You enjoy leading projects and teams including planning the iterative delivery of high-quality solutions.
- You have a passion for software architecture and systems design; always looking for opportunities to make high-quality contributions to modern, production web applications.
- You default to concise and effective written and verbal communication.
- You are passionate about helping others improve and grow their career.
- Your leadership style is servant to the team and starts with empathy; you trust your team to make the right decision and empower them to execute.
Benefits & Perks
- Generous time off policy
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, vision, dental, generous paternity and maternity leave, Life/ADD, 401k, flex spending accounts, commuter benefits, equipment budget, and continuous education budget
- Pre-IPO stock incentives
- .. and much more! For a full list, see our career page
- Here are some of the ways we bring value to doctors
- Our data engineering stack run on Python, MySQL, Spark, and Airflow
- Our production application stack is hosted on AWS and we deploy to production on average 65 times per day
- We have over 450 private repositories in Github containing our applications, forks of gems, our own internal gems, and open-source projects
- We have worked as a distributed team for a long time; we're currently about 75%+ distributed
- Find out more information on the Doximity technology blog
- Our company core values
- Our recruiting process
- Our product development cycle
- Our on-boarding & mentorship process
We’re thrilled to be named the Fastest Growing Company in the Bay Area, and one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies. Joining Doximity means being part of an incredibly talented and humble team. We work on amazing products that over 70% of US doctors (and over one million healthcare professionals) use to make their busy lives a little easier. We’re driven by the goal of improving inefficiencies in our $3.5 trillion U.S. healthcare system and love creating technology that has a real, meaningful impact on people’s lives. To learn more about our team, culture, and users, check out our careers page, company blog, and engineering blog. We’re growing steadily, and there’s plenty of opportunity for you to make an impact.
Doximity is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Vacancy page : https://workat.doximity.com/positions/?gh_jid=2289489