Senior eLearning Developer - 100% Remote United States - Remote /
We are 400+ employees from diverse backgrounds, that hail from more than 50 countries, and speak 15 languages. But, we all share one thing in common: we’re passionate about accelerating software innovation. Our vision is to put Nexus products at the center of every open source decision made by modern engineering organizations. We’re one of the fastest growing tech companies in America and have been named both a Deloitte Fast 500 and Inc. 5000 company three years in a row. We pride ourselves on being an open and supportive company, which is why we were named to Fast Company’s list of 50 Best Workplaces for Innovators 2018, 2019, and 2020.
We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in the Fulton MD, Tyson's Corner VA, London UK, and Sydney AUS, we’re very distributed and remote first (and always have been). We use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year.
At Sonatype we value diversity and inclusivity. We offer perks such as parental leave, diversity and inclusion working groups, and flexible working practices to allow our employees to show up as their whole selves. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Learn more at www.sonatype.com.
We have a wide-range of expertise. This includes (but isn't limited to) technical communication, video production, instructional design, and general word-nerdiness. While we appreciate the power of superb educational content, we also spend time expounding on nuances like a belief in using the Oxford comma. More important than anything else, we’re a diverse group with an appreciation for building a team of great people. We have fun, believe in mutual respect, and have found that perfect mix of sarcasm and camaraderie. If this sounds interesting, please contact us. We’d love to speak to you.
What we're looking for you to do in this position
- synthesize complex, technical material into high-quality educational content
- thrive and adapt in a rapidly-changing startup environment
- understand and convey the needs of learners
- treat educational content as a product
- be an advocate and champion for high quality results
- commit to understanding Agile methodologies and paradigms
- drive excellence in yourself and your teammates
- embrace the modern and ever-changing development lifecycle
- experiment, accept failure, and learn from the outcomes
- have fun
What you'll focus on:
- developing educational courses for our products, as well as other topics within software development
- guiding learners across basic skills, best practices, and product expertise
- recording and editing video and audio content
- engaging with internal and external stakeholders
- striving for the perfect balance of technical and conversational voice/tone
- identifying desired learning objectives and outcomes, based on customer needs
- measuring success of the learning content you've produced
We find our teammates succeed when they have:
- demonstrated expertise in Technical Communication, User Education, and Instructional Design
- a passion for learning, as well as helping others learn
- an ability to write in both a technical and conversational tone
- willingness to engage stakeholders and subject matter experts
- grit to tackle technical concepts related to software development
- enthusiasm for delivering educational materials for a technical audience
- expertise with learning management systems
What we offer:
- The opportunity to be part of an incredible, high-growth company, working on a team of experienced colleagues
- Competitive salary packageMedical/Dental/Vision benefits
- Business casual dress
- Flexible work schedules that ensure time for you to be you
- 2019 Best Places to Work Washington Post and Washingtonian
- 2019 Wealthfront Top Career Launch Company
- 2019 EY Entrepreneur of the Year
- Fast Company Top 50 Companies for Innovators
- Glassdoor ranking of 4.9
- Come see why we've won all of these awards
Sonatype is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer that is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.