Senior eLearner Developer - 100% Remote - Canada and United States Worldwide
A staggering volume and variety of open source and third-party component parts flow through every software development environment in the world. If properly sourced and managed, these components are a tremendous source of energy for accelerating innovation. If not, they can easily overwhelm your development efforts and lead directly to security vulnerabilities, licensing risks, and enormous waste. We envisioned a better way to harness the power of open source, and in 2008, started a company to automate the modern software supply chain.
Sonatype's Customer Education team is looking for an experienced eLearning Developer. We have a wide-range of expertise. This includes (but isn't limited to) technical communication, video production, and instructional design.
While we appreciate the power of superb educational content, we also spend time expounding on nuances like a belief in the Oxford comma.
More important than anything else, we’re a diverse group with an appreciation for building a team of great people. We have fun, believe in mutual respect, and have found that perfect mix of sarcasm and camaraderie. If this sounds interesting, please contact us. We’d love to speak to you.
- While specific qualifications follow, success in this role will require you to:
- Synthesize complex, technical material into high-quality educational content
- Thrive and adapt in a rapidly-changing startup environment
- Understand and convey the needs of learners
- Treat educational content as a product
- Be an advocate and champion for high quality results
- Commit to understanding Agile methodologies and paradigms
- Drive excellence in yourself and your teammates
- Embrace the modern and ever-changing development lifecycle
- Experiment, accept failure, and learn from the outcomes
- Have fun
- Developing educational courses for our products
- Guiding learners across basic skills, best practices, and product expertise
- Recording and editing video and audio content
- Engaging with internal and external stakeholders
- Striving for the perfect balance of technical and conversational voice/tone
- Identifying desired learning objectives and outcomes, based on customer needs
- Measuring success of the learning content you've produced
- Demonstrated expertise in Technical Content Development and/or User Education
- A passion for learning, and helping others learn
- An ability to write in both a technical and conversational tone
- Willingness to engage stakeholders and subject matter experts
- Grit to tackle technical concepts related to software development
- Enthusiasm for delivering educational materials for a technical audience
- Expertise with learning management systems
More than 10 million software developers rely on Sonatype to innovate faster while mitigating security risks inherent in open source. Sonatype’s Nexus platform combines in-depth component intelligence with real-time remediation guidance to automate and scale open source governance across every stage of the modern DevOps pipeline. Sonatype is privately held with investments from TPG, Goldman Sachs, Accel Partners, and Hummer Winblad Venture Partners. Learn more at www.sonatype.com.
Sonatype is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer that is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.