Senior Director, Strategic Operations Remote (US or Canada) /
Over 100,000 businesses and millions of people use 1Password to protect their most important information, and we believe those people – and the companies they work for – shouldn’t have to choose between security and productivity. We see security as a human challenge, rather than a technological one. It’s hard work, but our mission has always been to ease the tension between security and convenience and help people navigate the digital world without fear or friction. Human-centric security is part of our DNA, but human-centricity is also the backbone of our culture. We encourage big ideas and new ways of working that help us to make the online world a safer place for everyone.
The Senior Director of Strategic Operations will support 1Password’s Office of the CEO and the executive team to maximize business goals and objectives and drive operational effectiveness. The successful candidate will have relentless curiosity and possess a passion for process improvement, removing obstacles, creating innovative solutions and the motivation to convert ideas into action. The candidate can build trusted relationships with cross-functional teams, and can work with senior leaders across the 1Password organization to enable ongoing success.
This is a Remote opportunity within Canada and the U.S.
What we're looking for:
- Demonstrated leadership and ability to deliver results with large-scale, cross-functional teams in a fast-paced environment
- 7-10+ years of program management experience with a proven ability to lead and deliver on strategic and tactical business objectives
- Experience in business process improvement
- Ability to build trusting relationships, credibility, and strong communications skills to influence stakeholder, connect partners to improve project decision-making, which drives business value
- Consultative approach, including ability to analyze and translate needs into requirements and process flows
- Demonstrate strong problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) as well as proven relationship-management skills; ability to present complex ideas in a clear, concise fashion to all levels, including senior executive levels
- Drove the transformation of at least two major business capabilities from requirements, through design to implementation, and operationalization
- Managed executive stakeholders effectively
- Led cross functional team through influence and shared objectives
- Achieved measurable improvements to business operations
What you can expect:
- Support execution of 1Password’s company vision and mission collaborating with stakeholders to ensure alignment and progress against priorities and support driving initiatives as needed
- Develop strong partnerships with key cross functional stakeholders to drive focus on business goals and facilitate ongoing engagement on key business priorities, including QBRs
- Support 1Password’s Office of the CEO in driving operational and planning processes
- Lead programs or initiatives across the company as needed to drive process improvements
What we offer:
We believe in working hard, and resting hard. We’re always looking for new ways to support our team members, but here’s a glance at what we currently offer:
Health and wellbeing
> 👶 Maternity and parental leave top up programs
> 👟 Wellness spending account
> 🏝 Generous PTO policy
> 💖 Company-wide wellness days off scheduled throughout the year
> 🧠 Complimentary Headspace membership
> 🩺 Comprehensive health coverage
Growth and future
> 📈 Employee stock option program for all full time employees
> 💸 Retirement matching program
> 💡 Training budget, 1Password University access, and learning sessions
> 🔑 Free 1Password account (and friends and family discount!)
Flexibility and community
> 🤝 Paid volunteer days
> 🌎 Employee-led DEI&B programs and ERGs
> 🏠 Fully remote environment
> 🏆 Peer-to-peer recognition through Bonusly
You belong here.
1Password is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, diverse and equitable workplace that is built on trust, support and respect. We welcome all individuals and do not discriminate on the basis of gender identity and expression, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, sex, citizenship, education, languages spoken or veteran status. Be yourself, find your people and share the things you love.
Accommodation is available upon request at any point during our recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please speak to your talent acquisition partner or email us at email@example.com and we’ll work to meet your needs.
Candidate Privacy Notice
When you apply for a position, refer a candidate, or are being considered for a role at AgileBits, Inc. (dba 1Password, 1Password, we, us, or our), your information is stored in Lever, in accordance with Lever's Service Privacy Notice. We use this information to evaluate your candidacy for the posted position. We also store this information, and may use it in relation to future positions to which you apply, or which we believe may be relevant to you given your background.
Candidates may also optionally choose to self-identify their race/ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, and disability. These answers will help us evaluate our diversity and belonging efforts. You do not have to answer these questions—your answers will not be linked to your name or job application, will not be visible to the hiring manager reviewing your application, and will in no way affect your job application. If you have any questions about the collection or use of this information, please contact [firstname.lastname@example.org].
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your information, we will either delete or anonymize it. If you have any questions about how we use or process your information, or if you would like to ask to access, correct, or delete your information, please contact our privacy team at [email@example.com] or through 1Password Support.