Senior Director, Professional Services Engineering United States
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
We're looking for an experienced professional services leader with a unique combination of leadership presence and credibility, technical depth, business acumen and passion to build a new Services Engineering practice in our Professional Services team at Twilio.
- 10+ years of relevant consulting leadership experience in professional services
- 5+ years of experience developing strategic and tactical plans for delivering technology services and solutions for enterprise customers
- Strong leadership skills with a proven ability to foster an environment of collaboration and excellence
- Experience defining and solving pressing business challenges for customers.
- Knowledge of the concepts, practices, procedures, and deliverables associated with system development, implementation, and operational readiness for enterprise software.
- Technical acumen to develop production-grade reusable assets that address common solution needs.
- Broad knowledge across technical domains and industries.
- Executive-level written and spoken communication skills.
As a Professional Services Engineering leader, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER'S SHOES: Provide technical leadership & solution strategy for enterprise customers
- Form relationships and build rapport with product engineering leaders.
- Be one of the foremost experts in the company on how Twilio products are implemented and used in customers’ production environments.
- Develop trust with, and provide guidance to, sales leadership to ensure large sales deals are structured for the best odds of customer success from a technology implementation perspective.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Define & maintain standard project management practices and methodologies
- Drive the development and maintenance of common standards and methodologies for Twilio professional services offerings.
- Ensure projects are defined, tracked, and executed in a consistent and effective way that will maximize project success.
- Own the continuous improvement and process optimization of our Delivery Methodology.
- Identify the various aspects that need improvement, and cultivate a process of relentless improvement.
- DON'T SETTLE: Drive Project Governance
- Establish and Monitor Internal Project Governance metrics and processes
- Coordinate closely with Delivery leaders in support of Project Governance
- Responsible for ensuring that a strong project governance framework is maintained and adopted.
- Proactively identify, analyze and recommend business systems/process solutions that have broad business impact.
- BE BOLD: Guide the vision, growth, and use of our technology assets
- Build & curate reusable asset capabilities that meet common market and customer needs and help address Twilio product gaps.
- Lead solution development efforts that best address common customer needs, accelerating project timelines and increasing speed-to-value.
- Establish a system to develop and share Best Practices & Learning with customers & partners.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed, and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation, and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world, and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
$160,896 - $235,059
Rest of Colorado:
$150,840 - $221,232
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/2425563