Senior Director of Strategic Sourcing United States
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Senior Director of Strategic Sourcing to be a key leader in driving transformation in vendor value, scalability, and business operations to help change the way Twilio buys services globally. As part of the Strategic Sourcing team, this role will partner with our Procurement team and business units across the company to reduce deal friction and capture value at scale.
You are able to articulate measurable targets and generate analysis that reflects captured deal value. You see the big picture and are a great team player with strong communication skills, effectively working with individuals across the business.
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of building and leading sourcing functions. They also have:
- BA in Finance, Technology, Procurement, Supply chain, Finance with Business MBA preferred
- 10+ years of strong technical sourcing negotiations with thorough knowledge of Data Centers, Cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure), Software and Hardware and credibility to interact effectively with leadership (CPO , COO, and CFO) in R&D, G&A and GTM. Open to manage non tech categories
- Team player with strong executive presence proven collaborative and productive partnerships with internal leaders and vendors at all levels of the organization
- Excellent negotiator with knowledge of vendor sourcing practices (researching, evaluating and liaising with vendors) RFX and strong legal commercial redlining ability experience of security & privacy concerns
- Strong financial acumen and analytical skills, with the ability to create financial reports, model out total cost of ownership/ROI, and conduct cost analysis
- Excellent verbal and written communication with solid negotiation skills
- Management and development experience of Sourcing team and category plans for team of 10+
- Experience of operating in hyper growth companies with demonstrated experience in building processes and systems designed for scale
- Knowledge of Telecommunications category, Coupa and Jira is a strong plus
As Senior Director of Strategic Sourcing, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- DRAW THE OWL: Implement best practice sourcing strategy and process
- BE BOLD: Develop and maintain marketplace knowledge; identify and monitor price trends
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Prioritize and manage all strategic sourcing initiatives and coordinate efforts with support functions
- BE AN OWNER: You will represent Twilio in multifaceted, complicated negotiations with technical services providers.
- BE INCLUSIVE: Ensure results are captured by implementing standard procurement best practices, building strong relationships with internal customers and suppliers, and consulting on procurement best practices for cross-functional project teams
- NO SHENANIGANS: You'll manage strategic sourcing and category management functions, develop top-tier talent, leverage technology, and drive new value. This role develops and oversees the pipeline of projects.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Perform spend analysis, cost savings tracking, data mining, and ad hoc reporting
- DON’T SETTLE: Develop market intelligence on supply base, own key vendor relationships based on assigned categories and monitor key strategies and vendors
The Strategic Sourcing Senior Director will be central to Twilio's continued growth, driving reinvestment of savings to support the company’s growth. You will work closely with senior leadership and business owners to guide company sourcing strategy. As we grow and scale we are looking for a leader of the Sourcing team to help take us to the next level of category management, capacity planning and supplier value.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Tier 4 base salary range: $160,896 - $221,232
Rest of Colorado:
Tier 5 base salary range: $150,840 - $207,405
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/2983922