Senior Director of Product, Billing and Pricing Platforms United States
Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is looking for a talented and experienced senior product leader. You would manage and grow a product organization at the heart of Twilio’s Billing and Pricing Platform. As the Product leader, you will own the product strategy and roadmap for a micro-transactional billing platform as well as a dynamic pricing platform supporting a rapidly growing $1B+ annualized run rate business. Reporting to the VP, Billing & Data Platform, with regular interactions with the CFO and GTM organizations, this senior leadership role is focused on enhancing product strategy, requirements and roadmap curation as the company continues to rapidly grow.
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of leading engineering organizations. You also have/are:
- A track record of leading product organizations in software companies.
- Demonstrated ability to identify jobs to be done by the product for the customer
- Extensive expertise in the Billing, Pricing and/or Payments domain(s).
- experience managing managers and product managers in multiple geos. Strong focus on org structure and shape hygiene.
- Passionate about product management hygiene including the formal ceremonies for product requirements and roadmap curation.
- Expertise with agile methodologies as it relates to scrum including backlog grooming, user story creation and sizing.
- A strategic thinker as it relates to scale and removing humans from the loop.
- An understanding of Accounting policies, Tax, and Invoicing requirements.
- Distill complex and ambiguous situations into aligned priorities with actionable plans for your team. Focus on the customer and business outcomes.
- Experience managing large scale integrations with third party ERPs and CRMs.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ability to be personable yet persistent. You are able to articulate the “why” for a team’s priorities and the customer impact.
- Data-driven - all analysis is defined by documented and reference-able data sources.
As the Senior Director of Product for Billing & Pricing Platforms, you will:
- Lead, build and manage a product organization to deliver a highly accurate and flexible micro-transaction Event Processing Engine that supports use cases from subscription and invoiced customers to Pay-as-you-go with fully automated reconciliation at month end, quarter end and year end boundaries.
- Build an organization and teams to deliver a Pricing Platform that enables dynamic pricing and experimentation.
- Help employees grow through career development, coaching, and mentoring while guiding senior contributors to maximize their potential. You'll provide a clear path for progression through personal development plans, defining goals, perform evaluations, and collaborate with employees on their objectives. Most of all, ensure employees are having fun with their work.
- Build and communicate the Billing and Pricing Strategy and Roadmap
- Identify the jobs to be done as it relates to building the Product Requirements.
- Be a leader of a critical part of Twilio R&D senior leadership team and contribute to Twilio’s overall Accounts Platform strategy.
- Coach teams on a daily basis to operate effectively in a multi team environment. Manage through direct reports to drive the teams to set and complete key objectives.
- Guide product managers through strategy decisions and backlog grooming
- Represent product KPI’s and roadmap status to Twilio’s technology executives and product teams across the company.
- Collaborate on roadmaps and requirements with Product Managers, Architects, and Tech Leads to ensure the team has clear direction and priorities.
- Act as an ambassador for Twilio, recruiting and motivating top talent.
Twilio’s innovative SaaS and Connectivity products are transforming how businesses and customers communicate with each other. With customers in every industry like retail (Nordstrom, Macy’s), finance (Morgan Stanley, ING), transportation (Uber, Lyft), and hospitality (AirBnB, OpenRent), Twilio’s products are changing the way B2C and B2B companies interact with and manage customer relationships.
Twilio’s Billing and Pricing Platforms are central to the success of the company and our customers. Ensuring our customers have a trusted billing experience that is on time and accurate is paramount. In this role, you would be responsible for building and operating the systems that provide the timely and accurate global platform for pricing, invoicing and revenue recognition. The business is empowered to dynamically price, localize products and perform experimentation by leveraging the platform capabilities
You would be a visible leader and would work closely with teams at every layer of the company, including the CFO and GTM leadership. Your success would deliver great customer experiences at major brands around the world (Twilio’s customers), and you would enable them to deliver better services to their customers.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in either in our San Francisco, Mountain View, Denver office or remote West regions. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/2258452