Senior Director of M&A Integration United States
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is seeking an exceptional and passionate Senior Director to join as the lead of our central M&A Integration team, within the Strategy & Operations function. We are looking for a seasoned executive with deep experience in post-merger integration, ideally in the software industry. This person will work closely with the functional M&A teams, the Corp Dev team, the business sponsors, and the executive team.
Twilio is looking for a Senior M&A integration leader who lives the Twilio Magic. They also have:
- 10+ years of relevant experience, preferably at a leading technology company. Experience leading M&A integrations is necessary. You must also have a demonstrated track record of successful cross-functional leadership, partnership, and relationship building
- Have outstanding project management skills, the ability to supervise and run sophisticated processes, and a demonstrated ability to lead complex projects and inspire teams
- Have exceptional communication skills. You communicate effectively with all audiences, regardless of level. You consistently mobilize people to act through crisp and actionable synthesis (written and verbal).
- Are highly collaborative, and partner-oriented professionally. Your team-first attitude enables you to easily build enduring, trust-based relationships with key business partners and effectively work with cross-functional teams as a trusted thought partner.
- Are highly performance oriented. You inspire peers and team members to set high expectations and strive to achieve them. You recognize and champion and critical initiatives without prompting or influencing from senior leaders, broadening impact from self and team.
- Are empathetic and team-first. You use your understanding of human behavior to identify problems and issues proactively and act on that knowledge to influence change. You love helping others drive successful business outcomes in their areas of responsibility.
- Have strong enough technical ability to understand Twilio’s products and champion / pressure test product integration plans. Experience with the cloud, APIs, communications, enterprise and software is a plus.
- Are a strong team leader. You elevate team performance and health. You cultivate commitment to our common vision and shared values. You mentor and coach others in a strengths-based way to ensure their success and growth.
As the lead of the M&A Integration team, you will live the Twiio Magic values and lead the development and execution of the post-merger integration plan. This includes:
- BE AN OWNER: Own the development of the overarching integration plan in partnership with the integration business leader. Deeply understand the integration health and key performance metrics for the acquired companies. Be able to deep dive regularly into integration metrics to identify root cause issues and opportunities and follow through with action-oriented insights.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Go elbows-deep by partnering with the integration business leaders and functional integration teams to drive deal value attainment. Assess the deal strategic rationale and establish cross-team integration priorities and success metrics, and drive consensus and commitment across the teams.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER'S SHOES: Recognize the criticality of the integration plans and actions on customers and employees, and drive to a best-in-class model for integration planning and execution.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Efficiently and effectively communicate progress, recommendations and decisions required to cross-functional teams, senior leadership and broader Twilio organization. Develop and improve our integration playbooks so we can get better through every single acquisition.
This position is central to Twilio's continued growth and critical to driving value from Twilio’s acquisitions. The person in this role will lead integration planning through all phases of the deal and integration life cycle, including early engagement and deal assessment to inform pre-approval, participating in acquisition due diligence and preliminary integration planning to inform deal approval and announcement, followed by detailed strategy and integration planning and execution. This person will not just lead the central M&A team, but will also interact extensively with functional teams across Twilio, and have significant exposure to the senior Twilio executive team.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed, and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation, and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be remote in the US or Canada. We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Salary Range: $194,752 - $267,784
Rest of Colorado:
Salary Range: $182,580 - $$251,047
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/3376207