Senior Director of Engineering - Consumer Trust United States
Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
At Twilio, our mission is to power the future of communications. We believe that communication should be at the heart of every product and customer experience. Our customers range from individual developers to large enterprises that are well known brand names and they collectively interact with millions of consumers. Unfortunately, communications can also be misused by bad actors who attempt to game the system for nefarious purposes. We are looking for a talented and experienced senior engineering leader to help us build, manage and grow our global Consumer Trust engineering organization. Our engineering team owns our authentication and fraud prevention systems and services which Twilio and our customers depend on to prevent bad actors from causing harm to consumers. As a result, we are always innovating and launching products and services that are powered by a best in class communications platform.
Twilio is looking for a leader with a demonstrated track record of leading distributed systems engineering teams. More specifically, we are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
- 10 years of people management experience, leading engineering teams in a fast paced, dynamic environment. Experience with fraud, abuse, identity or authentication systems strongly preferred.
- Highly data driven in decision making with clear understanding of good input and output metrics and the mechanisms to support them.
- Passion for engineering hygiene and operational excellence. Demonstrated experience leading an engineering organization that delivers.
- Ability to continuously improve quality through metrics-based defect tracking, coaching and development of engineering team members.
- Solid understanding of agile methodologies, continuous integration, and test automation.
- The ability to distill complex and ambiguous situations into aligned priorities with actionable plans for your team.
- The ability to help your team understand and stay focused on the customer and business outcomes.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ability to be personable yet persistent. You are able to articulate the “why” for a team’s priorities and the customer impact.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
As a Sr Director, Engineering - Consumer Trust, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Curate, lead and grow a team of passionate engineers. Provide support and guidance that enables the team to self-organize and to achieve sustained high velocity and predictability.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Deliver engineering plans and architecture for our risk and authentication platforms.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Provide experimentation capabilities for product leaders to ensure we are able to deliver the best possible solutions for our customers.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Help employees grow through career development, coaching, and mentoring while guiding senior contributors to maximize their potential. You'll provide a clear path for progression through personal development plans, defining goals, perform evaluations, and collaborate with employees on their objectives. Most of all, ensure employees are having fun with their work.
- BE AN OWNER: Own, operate, and maintain your team’s services. Employ Agile methodologies to continuously deliver value to customers. Enhance and maintain a rotating on-call incident escalation and response process.
- DRAW THE OWL: Be a leader of a critical part of Twilio’s senior engineering team and contribute to Twilio’s overall risk and authentication strategy.
- DON’T SETTLE: Collaborate on roadmaps with Product Managers, Architects, and Tech Leads to ensure the organization has clear direction and priorities related to performance metrics that track business performance.
- BE INCLUSIVE: Act as an ambassador for Twilio, recruiting and motivating top talent.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be remote. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
$214,272 - $294,624
Rest of Colorado:
$200,880 - $276,210
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/2672861