Senior Director IoT Sales - San Francisco - Home Based - San Francisco › Home Based - San Francisco
IoT Sales Executive - San Francisco/West Coast USA
Canonical is the company behind Ubuntu Linux with over 20 million users globally. Ubuntu Is the most widely deployed OS in the cloud space, and we’re expanding our mission to be the most trusted OS for the IoT marketplace with Ubuntu Core.
Ubuntu Core is our new minimal, transactional version for IoT devices - it runs a new breed of secure, remotely upgradeable Linux app packages known as snaps. It is targeted for leading IoT players, from chipset vendors, device makers, large enterprises and system integrators. Key vertical markets include: digital signage, robotics, edge and industrial gateways, automotive, manufacturing, smart buildings, transportation and energy.
The IoT Sales Executive will have responsibility for achieving the assigned annual quota through the sales of new IoT device enablement, services and management solutions. The individual should be able to prospect large enterprise and robotics accounts for new business, as well as further develop and grow existing strategic accounts in the US territory. This is a unique hunter sales position and robotics segement developement role and requires energy, ambition and focus. The IoT Sales Executive must be comfortable positioning and selling open source, services, and technical software solutions to all levels of the organization and across a wide variety of IoT vertical markets especially in robotics
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Exceed, quarterly and annual bookings target for device enablement, application software, and services through the sale of the Ubuntu Core and it’s related product set.
- Carry out initial sales activities as required to develop new pipeline for the US territory; sales, local marketing activities, and industry events to further extend brand awareness.
- Build, execute and maintain a US territory plan, which achieves the tactical, strategic and financial objectives for the assigned region within the IoT marketplace.
- Manage customer relationships and interactions through all stages of the sales cycle; prospecting to contract closure.
- Work cooperatively with IoT Architect/Sales Engineers to increase existing account penetration and overall success in the territory while ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Maintain accurate data and forecasts within the SalesForce CRM system across different IoT product lines and various sales cycles.
- Establish productive, professional relationships with key personnel, influencers and decision makers in all customer accounts.
- Coordinate the involvement of company personnel, including support, delivery and management resources, in order to exceed account performance objectives and customers expectations.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's level degree, preferably in engineering or computer science.
- 10+ years or equivalent field experience in enterprise software or technology sales.
- Proven track record of achieving sales targets and winning large accounts.
- Ability to be successful in a globally distributed team through self-discipline and self motivation and effectively leverage all corporate resources for joint success.
- Ability to extend existing relationships with any customers/prospects and develop joint strategic sales plans for increased revenue and market share.
- Strong selling, negotiating and relationship-building skills and experience in applying a process-oriented, sales methodology to any customer engagement.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written.
- Detail orientated with strong and effective follow-up.
- Self-starter with high energy and drive.
- Proven early stage start-up success.
- Willingness to Travel up to 50% of the time.
- IoT sales experience.
- Robotics sales experience
- Open Source and Linux understanding.
Canonical believes a diverse workforce enhances our ability to deliver world class software and services which meet the world’s computing needs. We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/canonical/jobs/1827475