Senior Director, International Tax United States
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is seeking a Tax leader to manage all aspects of our international direct taxes. The Senior Director of International Tax will manage all direct tax matters related to Twilio’s international activities, including identification of issues, development and execution of strategies, facilitating accurate tax accounting and compliance, and driving the implementation of solutions for the business.
This individual will be responsible for overseeing and managing the international direct tax function and all internal and external relationships relating to international direct tax. In addition, this individual should be a hands-on tax professional that will direct global tax planning strategies, tax accounting and compliance, tax audits, business expansion and special projects.
Twilio is looking for a leader with a demonstrated track record in international direct tax. We seek someone with:
- 20+ years of both corporate and public accounting experience, CPA or JD preferred
- Broad technical knowledge of US and international tax law and regulations, such as Base Erosion and Anti-abuse Tax (BEAT), Global Intangible Low-taxed Income (GILTI), Subpart F, Transition Tax, Foreign Tax Credits etc.
- Solid GAAP Financial Accounting / ASC 740 knowledge
- Extensive background and technical understanding of corporate tax, as well as taxation relating to International and M&A transactions. Telecommunications experience is preferred.
- Experience in working with tax auditors in order to help drive an efficient and timely resolution to tax audits
- High performance standards and has a passion for team development, excellence and continuous improvement.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to clearly and effectively present information and technical issues to business partners within the Company and executive management in practical, non-technical terms.
As the Senior Director of International Tax you will:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Review and approve memoranda and analysis regarding tax planning, business expansion, M&A, support for international direct tax items in the Company’s Federal/Foreign income tax returns and provisions (both current and deferred). Lead the tax review of proposed M&A transactions to properly advise management of tax consequences. Oversee transfer pricing strategies and policy, including ongoing maintenance of intercompany agreements.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Lead a team of tax professionals by managing deliverables, setting expectations, providing ongoing performance feedback, creating opportunities and developing goals for your team.
- BE AN OWNER: Provide international direct tax planning and research with respect to the company’s global business operations. Assist in planning and implementing cross-border M&A transactions, post-acquisition integrations, and legal entity rationalization.
- DRAW THE OWL: Manage multiple service providers and budgets to conduct and execute complex studies and analysis for purposes of minimizing tax exposure. Drive business expansion and associated tax planning in partnership with indirect tax, legal, regulatory and other.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Act as a liaison between business, legal, finance and other departments to assist with identifying and resolving issues associated with transactions and projects
The Tax team is instrumental within the Finance team of ensuring that Twilio is making smart business decisions about our growth and compliance. They assist with implementation of strategy in entering new countries, selling structures, infrastructure operations, acquisition integration, and properly structuring cross border transactions both within Twilio and with third parties.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed, and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position can be located in any of our offices, or remote. No matter where you are, you will be part of a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life; that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, and can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Salary Range: $177,024.00 - $243,408.00
Rest of Colorado:
Salary Range: $165,960.00 - $228,195.00
Non Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/3095651