Senior Director, GTM Finance (NAMER) United States
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is seeking a Senior Director - Go-to-Market (GTM) Finance, North America (NAMER) to join our Finance team. This will be a highly visible role in our largest region, helping to optimize regional commercial decision-making, capital allocation, revenue forecasting, ROI, and reporting/analytics on core financial metrics. You will partner with GTM leadership in the region to support their operations, own the regional P&L for NAMER, drive custom pricing and packaging outcomes, and liaise with others in GTM Finance to optimize resource allocation across all of GTM for Twilio. The role will involve business partnering, ad-hoc analysis and special projects requiring thoughtful analysis to drive decision-making in partnership with senior leadership. In addition, this is a new role at Twilio - so you will be required to have significant hands-on involvement as we build out this team and function over time.
Twilio is looking for an individual excited to bring their strong financial and analytical skills to a collaborative team-based working environment. We seek someone who has:
- 10+ years of experience in progressive financial and leadership roles
- Sales Finance experience at a high-growth SaaS or software company
- Experience functioning across a matrixed organization, building and working with regional P&Ls, and conducting pricing analysis for deals
- The capability to build out, motivate, develop and lead a high-performing team
- Strong communication & analytical skills; experience presenting to C-level leadership
- Deep understanding of P&L components, unit economics, commercial functions, and common SaaS metrics
- Someone who is an independent thinker, doesn’t settle, strives for excellence, and fosters an environment of continuous learning and collaboration
- A customer oriented mindset
As the Senior Director - GTM Finance NAMER, you will:
- WRITE IT DOWN & EMPOWER OTHERS: Create and operationalize a regional P&L for NAMER. Be responsible for understanding, forecasting and optimizing the core drivers of revenue in the region. Understand regional margin dynamics and the impact on the P&L. Synthesize observations and recommendations into appropriate executive-facing documents. Lead a diverse and rapidly growing Finance team consisting of Commercial Finance, Revenue Analytics, and Business Partnering.
- DRAW THE OWL: Be a representative / voice of Finance to the NAMER GTM business unit across all segments (Enterprise, Mid-Market, Growth, and Speciality Verticals) and continuously develop efficient reporting and analytical tools to support decision-making. Provide analytical support to NAMER Sales leadership and drive ad-hoc cross-functional projects in partnership with other GTM teams. Play a significant role in the long-range strategic planning process helping shape the next 5 years of investment.
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Run the Commercial Finance function in the region - driving the decision process around custom deals through extensive collaboration across Sales Operations, Pricing & Packaging, Product and Super Network teams. Share best practices with other regions ultimately driving efficiencies across other global GTM Finance teams.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Interface with the R&D Finance team and Corp FP&A teams and provide clear and transparent oversight on investments in the region. Lead Annual Planning in close collaboration with GTM leadership and supporting GTM teams.
Twilio is a complex, high-growth, and quickly evolving business. The Finance team is central to Twilio’s decision-making process and the Sales Finance team guides company investment decisions to maintain Twilio as the platform to fuel the future of communications. As the Senior Director, GTM Finance NAMER, your ability to identify and communicate trends, opportunities and problems--and more importantly, recommend a course of action--will play a critical role in charting Twilio’s future in our largest region.
Twilio is committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Salary Range: $160,896 - $221,232
Rest of Colorado:
Salary Range: $150,840 - $207,405
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/3191705