Senior Director, Global Compensation & Benefits Unites States
At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. The Elastic family unites employees across 30+ countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
You and your team will partner closely with the VP of Global HR, regional HR leaders and the business and lead our strategic approach to global compensation and employee benefits and drive our focus on delivering competitive compensation programs and delivering equitable benefits around the world.
You thrive in ambiguity, adapt quickly to a changing environment, take a global view and have a passion for bringing people insights to the business. You know that sometimes laughter is indeed the best solution.
Are you ready to roll up your sleeves and dig in? This will require you to think big, use data to drive strategy, challenge convention, and in some cases to reinvent how we think about total rewards around the globe.
What You Will Be Doing:
You and your team will focus on three key areas:
Ensure that all of Elastic's compensation and benefits programs align with the our overall goals, comply with legal requirements and an inspiring culture by attracting, rewarding and retaining amazing people.
- Oversee and coordinate all compensation activities including salary, incentive, and equity programs.
- Build and maintain salary banding & leveling framework globally
- Consult with and provide direction, guidance and resolution to global HRBP team and business leaders on compensation matters.
- Advise on global mobility pay practices
- Oversee separation/severance practices
Continuously monitor the market, manage our broker and vendor relationships and drive the design and management of Elastic's global benefist programs.
- Ensure that Elastic's benefits are competitive, cost effective and globally equitable
- Oversee soft benefit offerings (paid time off, parental leave, compassionate leave, etc)
- Partner with Finance on the management of 401k and other pension programs
Responsible for monitoring our global pay practices:
- Oversee global pay gap reporting and equal pay analysis
- Work with Recruiting to ensure equal pay treatment at offer stage
What You Bring Along:
- 12+ years progressive experience leading global compensation and benefits, preferably in a tech company
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree or MBA a plus
- Experience building global compensation and benefits frameworks from the ground up
- Keen understanding of various methods of financing benefit plans and their impacts on company financials, accounting, and payroll
- Working knowledge of regulatory and legal requirements related to total rewards
- Experience influencing executive leadership on compensation structure methodology and philosophy
- Strategic, critical thinker who isn’t afraid to get into the weeds; real passion for problem solving
- Ability to build effective work relationships at all levels of the organization, influence behavior, and manage change
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- High degree of integrity and honesty; ability to exercise confidentiality and neutrality in complex and sensitive situations.
- A sense of humor and ability to roll with the punches definitely a plus
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Stock options
- Global minimum of 16 weeks of paid parental leave (moms and dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do
- Distributed-first company with Elasticians in over 30 countries, spread across 18 time zones, and speaking over 30 languages!
Target locations: Seattle, WA; Portland, OR; Chicago, IL; Denver, CO; Austin, TX; New York, NY; Boston, MA
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.
No contractors or external recruiters will be considered.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/elastic/jobs/1239208