Senior DevOps Engineer Worldwide
Sonatype has been on the forefront of crafting solutions to manage, organize, and better secure components since the inception of the Central Repository and Maven in 2001. More than a trillion dollars is spent annually on software development and our aim is to help application teams do that better and faster.
Our mission is simple – help the world build better software, even faster. This is done by providing unprecedented visibility combined with the guidance needed to make the best selections from the open source ecosystem as early as possible, and enabling teams to choose wisely from the beginning.
We are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join the Sonatype Operations team. The team has a wide range of responsibilities to build, scale, and maintain the company’s technical infrastructure, including Maven Central, CI, and hosted data services. Some of the technologies we use include Terraform, Ansible, many AWS services, and Datadog.
- Ensure the proper functioning of Sonatype SLAs and critical systems by implementing metric based monitoring, executing troubleshooting tasks, maintaining a functional and detailed RunBook, and participating in an on-call rotation
- Work closely with Sonatype development teams to define product specific metrics and remediations through system analysis, testing, and fault troubleshooting
- Develop infrastructure automation that codifies best-practices into repeatable, reliable, and modular architectural components
- Design scalable and highly available architectures for new systems in collaboration with Development and Operations teams
- 4+ years experience running and tuning high availability systems and supporting infrastructure
- Experience using scripting languages (eg: BASH, Python) to build automation
- Experience developing software in any language
- Strong analytical and problem solving mindset combined with experience troubleshooting large scale systems under pressure
- Deep knowledge and experience with AWS, Linux systems, database technologies, and web technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A deep curiosity and interest in exploring new and familiar systems
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
More than 10 million software developers rely on Sonatype to innovate faster while mitigating security risks inherent in open source. Sonatype’s Nexus platform combines in-depth component intelligence with real-time remediation guidance to automate and scale open source governance across every stage of the modern DevOps pipeline. Sonatype is privately held with investments from TPG, Goldman Sachs, Accel Partners, and Hummer Winblad Venture Partners. Learn more at www.sonatype.com.
Sonatype is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer that is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.