Senior DevOps Engineer - 100% Remote - USA United States - Remote
Sonatype has been at the forefront of crafting solutions to manage, organize, and better secure components since the inception of the Central Repository and Maven in 2001. More than a trillion dollars is spent annually on software development and our aim is to help application teams do that better and faster. Our mission is simple - help the world build better software, even faster.
This is done by providing unprecedented visibility combined with the guidance needed to make the best selections from the open-source ecosystem as early as possible, and enabling teams to choose wisely from the beginning. We are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join the Sonatype Operations team. The team has a wide range of responsibilities to build, scale, and maintain the company’s technical infrastructure, including Maven Central, CI, and hosted data services. Some of the technologies we use include Terraform, Ansible, many AWS services, and Datadog.
- Ensure the proper functioning of Sonatype SLAs and critical systems by implementing metric-based monitoring, executing troubleshooting tasks, maintaining a functional and detailed RunBook, and participating in an on-call rotation
- Work closely with Sonatype delivery teams to define product-specific metrics and remediations through system analysis, testing, and fault troubleshooting
- Develop infrastructure automation that codifies best-practices into repeatable, reliable, and modular architectural components
- Provide technical oversight and ownership of core operational infrastructure used by both internal and external users.
- 4+ years experience running and tuning high availability systems and supporting infrastructure
- Experience using scripting languages (eg: BASH, Python) to build automation
- Experience developing software in any language
- Strong analytical and problem-solving mindset combined with experience troubleshooting large scale systems under pressure
- Deep knowledge and experience with AWS, Linux systems, database technologies, and web technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A deep curiosity and interest in exploring new and familiar systems
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Currently reside in either Canada or the United States of America and are eligible to work for any employer without sponsorship
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to be part of an incredible, high-growth company, working on a team of experienced colleagues
- Competitive salary package
- Medical/Dental/Vision benefits including a stock option plan
- Business casual dress
- Flexible work schedules that ensure time for you to be you
- Our Engineering Teams work 100% remote from home based offices
- 2019 Best Places to Work Washington Post and Washingtonian
- 2019 Wealthfront Top Career Launch Company
- EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2019
- Fast Company Top 50 Companies for Innovators
- Glassdoor ranking of 4.9
- Come see why we've won all of these awards
We are 300 employees from diverse backgrounds, that hail from 50 countries, and speak 15 languages. But, we all share one thing in common: we’re passionate about accelerating software innovation. Our vision is to put Nexus products at the center of every open source decision made by modern engineering organizations. We’re one of the fastest growing tech companies in America and have been named both a Deloitte Fast 500 and Inc. 5000 company three years in a row. We’re backed by world class investors including TPG, Goldman Sachs, Accel Partners, and HWVP. Learn more at www.sonatype.com.
Sonatype is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer that is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know