Senior Deal Desk Analyst (East Coast) United States
The Who, What, Why and Where
Segment, a division of Twilio, is growing rapidly and is seeking a Senior Deal Desk Analyst to be the main point of contact for the Mid Market, East sales region. Reporting to the Deal Desk Manager, this position is an individual contributor role and a critical partner to the Sales organization to optimize deal execution.
The scope of the role includes understanding and interpreting the impact of any non-standard customer requests while ensuring optimal, predictable and scalable outcomes. The role will also include analyzing deal economics, modeling pricing models and adhering to product and business strategies.
In short, this role is integral to deliver on our quarterly goals and optimize revenue growth opportunity. This role touches nearly every part of our business and is a critical part of our customer experience.
The ideal candidate will be a leader who lives the Twilio Magic, able to balance the need for predictable outcomes while being able to assess risk when considering innovative outcomes. A strong inclination to collaborate, and build strong rapport, with Sales is essential. Performing within a framework of autonomy and yet acting collaboratively with the broader team, building knowledge share and camaraderie is a prerequisite. They also have:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent years of experience
- 3+ years experience in a Deal Desk capacity with an ability to leverage strong Sales Operations and / or Pricing experience
- SaaS business knowledge, a working knowledge of revenue recognition (GAAP, ASC 606) and a basic awareness of commercial contract law
- Solid understanding of the Quote to Order stages within the Lead to Cash lifecycle
- Ability to interpret, model, solutionize and articulate deviations to standard operating practises and models
- Ability to interpret and present the risk / reward evaluation for deal opportunities to accelerate business decisions and deal execution
- Strong analytical skills - expert in statistical analysis & financial modeling in order to assess deal economics.
- Decisive - Uses a framework and process by which to make and influence decisions, sometimes with incomplete data, throughout the organization
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to persuade, communicate vision and motivate people at every level, collaborative and cooperative working style.
- Proficiency in navigating Salesforce and CPQ and / or similar systems
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
As an integral member of the Deal Desk function, the subject matter expert on all things deal related and point person for the Mid Market, East sales region you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Assess deal economics, pioneer deal enablement initiatives to further our value and impact, and accelerate deal execution velocity. Identify and drive process improvement to simplify the sales motion that results in low touch / high velocity scalable practices. Be the guardian and educator of internal business policies.
- DRAW THE OWL: Perform price / discount realization analysis, combined with relevant deal context, and present actionable recommendations to key business approvers. Identify and qualify new deal structuring opportunities,
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Assume both the day to day tactical requirements of the role while always focused on providing strategic guidance to our Sales team.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Interact and collaborate extensively across all functional teams within Twilio and Segment
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER'S SHOES: Develop strong meaningful professional rapport with Sales leaders, develop an understanding of customer requirements and champion focused deal solutions
The impact of the Deal Desk function and ability to drive seamless deal velocity is central to Twilio's continued growth. We work closely with senior leadership and cross functional stakeholders to provide guidance and best practises as a lever to guide company strategy.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world's communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world's most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world's largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado.
Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Tier 4 base salary range: $74,944 - $103,048
Rest of Colorado:
Tier 5 base salary range: $65,576 - $90,167
Non Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
$65 per month work-from-home stipend
Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks
Important COVID-19 Guidance (For candidates applying to roles in the United States):
To comply with Executive Order 14042, all Twilio employees working in the U.S. are required to submit proof of vaccination for COVID-19 unless they qualify for a medical or religious accommodation / exemption. Employees onboarded after January 4, 2022 must submit proof of vaccination or receive approval for an exemption prior to their Twilio start date.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/3569718