Senior Data Engineer Worldwide
GitHub is seeking an amazing individual, to join its Data Engineering Team. This role will focus on finding creative solutions to tough problems. You will have the passion to lead the design, development, documentation, and maintenance of our data warehouse, supporting the work of data scientists, product managers, and analysts.
- Collaborate with Business Analysts and partners to understand desired business outcomes and propose solutions to achieve those results
- Help shape the growth of in-house data resources to support Business Intelligence, analytics, and data science
- Define, design, model, implement, and operate large, evolving, structured and unstructured datasets
- Define data quality standards and drive initiatives to profile and cleanse data
- Ensure the data warehouse is performant, scalable, resilient, and maintainable
- Implement secure and auditable data infrastructure as required
- Execute the rollout of modern Business Intelligence and analytics tools and visualizations
- Develop ETL architecture standards, procedures, and policies and assist in developing ETL processes for the organization
- 5+ years working with ETL tools and ETL programming
- 5+ years experience in Business Intelligence / Data Engineering / Data Warehousing roles working with multiple disparate, complex, large datasets
- 5+ years designing ETL solutions for data migration or data integration
- 10+ years experience with software development
- Firm grasp of large-scale data warehousing
- Experience with relational and MPP database engines
- Brilliant SQL skills
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with Hadoop, Hive, Spark, and SQL on Hadoop-related technologies
- Proficiency in one of Python, Java, Scala, or a similar programming language
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Acute attention to detail
- Passion for data
- Experience with Airflow
- Experience evaluating and deploying and using BI and analytics tools
Who We Are:
GitHub is the best place to share code with friends, co-workers, classmates, and complete strangers. Over 27 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 79 million repositories. With the collaborative features of GitHub.com and GitHub Business, it has never been easier for individuals and teams to write faster, better code.
What We Value:
Collaboration: We believe the best work is done together.
Empathy: We believe in putting people first.
Quality: We believe in setting the standard for excellence.
Positive Impact: We believe in making the world a better place through our work.
Shipping: We believe in creating things for the people using them.
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe. Here is a complete list of where we can hire!
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/github/jobs/1261246