Senior Data Engineer (EMEA)
Please do not apply for this role if you are not physically located in Europe, Africa or the Middle East (UTC-1 to UTC+3). While this is a remote position, we can not consider candidates that are not based in these regions. You can find a detailed explanation in our Recruitment FAQs.
At Hotjar, we’re building Behavior Analytics software for businesses selling online. We make it easy for them to go beyond traditional web analytics and understand what users are really doing on their site.
Reporting to our Data Engineering Lead, we're looking for enthusiastic and resourceful data engineers who are passionate about turning data into insights. You want to help teams make data-informed decisions and take data-informed actions, you have a curious mindset, and you are motivated to understand our business better.
You have a good understanding of data engineering stack, background in building ETL solutions as well as real-time solutions. You have experience on data modeling in Data Lake and Data Warehouse as well as experience in working in projects driven by Data Quality metrics.
- Take end-to-end responsibility for designing, building, and maintenance of batch and real-time data pipelines and data solutions.
- Choose and manage tools and technologies to build and support a robust data infrastructure.
- Be responsible for the data modelling and schema design of our data warehouse.
- Identify bottlenecks and improve the performance of all our data pipelines.
- Ensure all necessary monitoring and backup solutions are in place.
- Demonstrated experience using distributed streaming platforms (such as Apache Kafka or Amazon Kinesis) in event-driven systems.
- Direct experience developing ETLs and data pipelines using Apache Spark with PySpark library.
- Proven experience with data modelling for data warehousing use-cases, design patterns, and building highly scalable and secure solutions.
- Experience with AWS Stack with an exposure to Kubernetes
- Experience with workflow management tools like Apache Airflow
- Desire to work in a respectful, transparent, and collaborative work environment, following Hotjar’s company values, culture and ways of working.
- Must submit to a background check confidentially processed by our third-party.
The compensation range for this role is €75,000 to €100,000 annually. This was established after performing market research and is aligned with our approach to compensation. We encourage all candidates to read our Recruitment FAQs to further understand our approach to compensation and how we structure our contracts.
In addition to the monetary compensation, we also provide all team members with an assortment of unique and popular perks.
Vacancy page : https://careers.hotjar.com/o/senior-data-engineer-emea