Senior Data Analyst - Product Analytics - Remote Canada - Remote /
Sonatype is the software supply chain management company. We're on a mission to change how the world innovates by making software development easier. From running the world's largest repository of Java open source components (Maven Central) to inventing componentized software development, and then software supply chain management, to creating the only solution that stops malicious open-source malware in its tracks, we're constantly leading the industry, while helping thousands of customers manage open source every day.
Already used by 15 million developers, we have lofty goals for our technology to be in the hands of every engineering team. And, we need you to do that. Join us!
Learn more at www.sonatype.com.
We are looking for a Senior Data Analyst, Product Analytics, to provide best-in-class analytics and data management practices within a quickly growing Business Intelligence team.
This role will work closely with the Product Management team as we continue to grow and scale. They will become a key subject matter expert on our product usage data and metrics. Sales, Finance, Marketing, and Product will depend on our insights. This role will collaborate with other Data Analysts and Data Engineers to advise and assist on data pipeline creation and stewardship of multiple disparate data sets.
Who you are and what you'll do:
- Develop and maintain product usage metrics in BI tools in addition to ad hoc analysis to help drive strategic business decisions.
- Provide business stewardship over the quality and fitness of data; and including awareness, accessibility, and use of data
- Provide guidance around the the best practices for the product team to draw useful insights from data.
- This role will also contribute to the overall success of the business intelligence team at Sonatype by analyzing operations, workflows and data to support and lead strategic business initiatives.
- Perform data mining and analysis for ad hoc projects. Effectively presents data in a manner that is easily understood to support decision-making.
- Incorporate on-going feedback from stakeholders into existing reports, dashboards, and analyses.
What skills you'll need:
- Experience in product business intelligence or other business intelligence fields (e.g Sales, Customer experience, Finance).
- Experience with statistical modeling and data visualization tools (Looker experience a big plus).
- Expertise in SQL (MySQL, Postgres, Hive, Presto) and at least one programming language such as Scala or Python (Spark/Databricks experience a big plus).
- Background working with data, both collection and analysis.
- Knowledge of product management techniques.
- Background in solving real world problems with code.
- Excellent time and prioritization skills with experience in managing expectations across multiple key stakeholders.
Things that we are proud of
- Fast Company Top 50 Companies for Innovators 2018, 2019, and 2020
- 2019 Best Places to Work Washington Post and Washingtonian
- 2019 Wealthfront Top Career Launch Company
- EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2019
- Diversity & Inclusion Working Groups
- Parental Leave Policy
- Paid Volunteer Time Off (VTO)
At Sonatype, we value diversity and inclusivity. We offer perks such as parental leave, diversity, and inclusion working groups, and flexible working practices to allow our employees to show up as their whole selves. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.